Manager, Business Systems
Manager, Business Systems
SpareFoot is looking for a Manager of our Business Systems team who will provide the high level strategy, design, and stakeholder relationship management to facilitate the overall interconnectivity of SpareFoot’s internal business systems & tools.
The Manager of our Business Systems team leverages their functional expertise to prioritize, scope, coordinate, and manage development of improvements and enhancements for our mission-critical, enterprise-wide information systems (Salesforce, Zendesk, & Netsuite). They are responsible for soliciting and simplifying requirements; technical project management; serving as an expert for business leaders to manage the development of new system functionality; and overseeing day-to-day problem analysis, issue tracking, and resolution. They will be a cross functional leader with power-users and developers in other departments, and will apply higher level strategic planning centered on how to better utilize and integrate our core platforms.
SpareFoot is a leader in the $38 billion dollar self-storage industry, offering consumers the ability to compare self-storage, truck rental and moving services on SpareFoot.com and SelfStorage.com. We are the largest marketplace for storage, making it easier to move and store your stuff. And, we are constantly innovating -- building new experiences across the spectrum of storage and moving services.
SpareFoot was recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine (2017) and the Austin American-Statesman (2016) for its exceptional company culture.
We’re funded by top investors (Silverton Partners, Floodgate and Insight Venture Partners), have an awesome team and revenue is growing fast.
What you will do everyday:
- Manage the configuration/development of system settings and options; from turning business requirements into technical requirements to testing plans to launch, performing development within these applications as well as assigning work to and managing outsourced developer(s) when necessary.
- Identifying, evaluating, and configuring systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Manage the business systems team, owning the overall strategy and output.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Lead cross-functional teams to address business systems issues.
- Manage, maintain, and execute on a prioritized list of initiatives for each supported department.
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationship and buy-in
- Develop training plans for all users on business system platforms.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures. Provide consultation to users as SaaS platforms subject matter expert.
What you need to bring to the table:
- 6+ years CRM administration, development, and/or analyst experience (Salesforce preferred) including gathering and documenting business requirements, designing and configuring forms and objects, developing workflows, reports and dashboards, and assessing/prioritizing bugs
- 2+ years management or team leadership experience
- Systems integration experience (APIs)
- Strong point of view on Systems Architecture to inform strategy
- Advanced technical writing/documentation skills
- Ability to effectively train end users and design training content with the end-user in mind
- Ability to prioritize and juggle competing requirements
- Leadership, team collaboration, and change management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to create, manage, and execute on project plans
- SFDC (SalesForce) Certifications
- 8+ years CRM experience
- 3+ years Management experience