Commission Analytics Manager
Manager, Commission Analytics
This position will be responsible for evaluating incentive strategies and create compensation plans. The position will manage and administer commission calculations and payout processes. The role will have two direct reports. This is a working management role where you will roll up your sleeves and dive in. The position is accountable for staying abreast of industry and functional best practices and for working closely with cross-functional partners to assess sales/incentive recommendations that allow the company to maximize business results through sales/incentive programs.
- Evaluate and create Sales/incentive plans designed to maximize behavior and performance.
- Drives the design and management of sales/incentive compensation programs including plan design, strategic planning and performance scorecards.
- Partner with Finance and operations to manage sales/incentive plans.
- Lead a team of two commission analysts in the calculation, administration and payment of compensation.
- Identify and drive improvements to our compensation policies and procedures by partnering across finance, sales ops, HR and legal.
- Formally communicates plan changes.
- Ensure compliance with SOX for our compensation documents, processes and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage, run and validate a suite of complex compensation plans on a biweekly basis
- Fully automate compensation plans via Python and SQL in order to build the infrastructure to support a rapidly growing organization
- Create data visualization dashboards to monitor current compensation plans
- Analyze trends and drive insights on behaviors and compensation using data analytics and behavioral psychology theories
- Collaborate with stakeholders and business leaders to drive strategy of new compensation plans
- Answer any and all questions or concerns related to incentive compensation
- Five to seven years as a compensation analyst and 2+ years as a manager
- Bachelor Degree in related field (Finance, computer science, math, analytics)
- Intermediate knowledge of Python
Intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Experience using Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Experience using Github
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Proven project management skills with some knowledge of incentive plans
- Self starter and ability to manage effectively