Manager, Data Solutions
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin is looking for a Manager, Data Solutions in our Austin office to help lead the evolution of our data-driven decision-making at scale across the company. This candidate will bring industry expertise and best practices in data management, that he/she can leverage to mentor highly-skilled developers, collaborate with data engineering, and partner with analysts and operators for business context.What You’ll Do
This role will be instrumental in ensuring access to clean, consistent and logical data to stakeholders in a wide variety of roles. To achieve this, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Draw on deep experience with data management and analysis to identify improvements and increase efficiency, reliability, and usability of data across the organization
- Engage with analysts throughout the organization to understand common data requests and key metrics. Define and document the underlying metrics and design robust infrastructure (ETLs, table structures, metadata) to enable consistent reporting on those metrics throughout the organization.
- Architect and maintain dimensional data models, algorithms and related business and financial reporting logic within the data warehouse.
- Transform low-value datasets into highly structured and consistent datasets for use by analysts and reporting tools
- Work closely with data engineers, business system administrators, and operational leaders to ensure reliable data collection and measurement capabilities
- Develop scalable, efficient, and automated processes and data pipelines, in addition to diagnosing and debugging problems with existing structures
- Recruit, lead, manage, motivate, and coach team members to maximize their individual potential, contributions and professional growth
- 6+ years of technology background are required, preferably 4 or more in data/analytics, and at least 1 year with some programming
- Advanced SQL skills are required.
- Experience with cloud OLAP database platforms such as Snowflake and Redshift.
- Data visualization experience in a tool like Tableau, Looker or Sisense.
- A broad exposure to business applications like CRM tools, financial reporting systems, marketing automation tools, etc
- Experience in dimensional data modeling, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud or Linux command line a plus
- Experience measuring subscription/SaaS business models and related metrics
- Familiarity with ETL\ELT processes and common data transformation techniques (e.g. normalization and denormalization, string parsing, primary key generation)
- Experience pulling data from an API using Python and Airflow (or similar technology).
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, statistics, business, computer science) or equivalent experience, advanced degree a plus
- Able to deal with ambiguity and problem-solve independently
- Lead projects independently with cross functional business stakeholders.
- Mentor junior developers and analysts
- Thoughtful leader who earns trust and builds strong working relationships
- Have a quantitative mindset and passion for data
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely curious.
- Have excellent time management skills
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.