Mgr-Data Analytics at Ascension
We are hiring for a Manager within the Health Economics and Clinical Outcomes team of the Ascension Data Sciences Institute. Specifically, this position would support Ascension's national infectious disease analytic and reporting efforts. At present, focus would be on COVID-19, but would scale to other infectious diseases and broader population health analytics. We aspire for this function to serve as a liaison between clinical and data management teams to provide insight into Ascension's response to and role in managing infectious disease and public health in our communities.
What You Will Do
As a member of Ascension's national analytics team, this role involves interaction with clinical teams from the system office and health ministries. We are seeking a candidate who has the following background/experience:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Public health and/or epidemiology
- Tableau visualization
- Actionable interpretation of analytic output
- Requirements gathering and data discovery
- Consulting experience with external clients or internal stakeholders
- Project Management
General job duties: Manage and coordinate data analytic and visualization activities associated with organizing, implementing and meeting departmental goals.
- Engage in strategic planning and tactical implementation of data analytic activities.
- Consult leadership on the development of Data Analytics strategy for the organization and develop analytical models and support tools across functions of the organization.
- Oversee the preparation of departmental reports and analyses.
- Establish departmental metrics to support project goals and develop improvement plans.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to senior level management across different departments.
- Manage activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Lead a team to develop prescriptive, predictive, and inferential analytical tools to drive organizational efficiencies and sustainability, improve decision making, and further analytical service offering to internal and external customers.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- St. Louis, MO
- Chicago, IL
- Austin, TX
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.