Network Research Architect
NSS Labs, Inc. is the global leader in operationalizing cybersecurity. Through continuous security validation and global threat discovery and automation, NSS Labs empowers enterprises to reduce the operational burden of cybersecurity and address crucial gaps in their cybersecurity efforts. Informed by our experience and strong foundation of security product validation, NSS Labs offers CAWS, a cyber threat protection platform that provides businesses with visibility into the cyber kill chain and automated insights into active threats. With global visibility into active threats and vulnerabilities, CAWS delivers a unique cyber risk rating that makes cybersecurity measurable and helps enterprises focus their resources in the areas that make the most difference. Combined, this information enables businesses to continuously monitor and respond to threats, strengthen their cybersecurity posture, and have confidence that they are appropriately securing the enterprise. CISOs, security operations teams, threat researchers, and information security professionals from many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
This position is based in Austin, TX, relocation is offered.
The NSS Labs Research Architect is a technology evangelist who is experienced and comfortable working with security products from industry-leading vendors. The ideal candidate must possess a solid understanding of technology, trends and the underlying competitive environment. The individual will have a passion for sharing discoveries to various audiences technology insights that help with both operational and strategic decisions.
The position involves fielding technical inquiry from NSS’ enterprise customers as well as producing research reports/blogs that support our clients and improving the security posture of the market at large.
As a part of a company that is chartered with making a difference in the world of cybersecurity, your practical expertise will drive research that fuels enterprise-client discussions and aids in the development of NSS’ world-class test methodologies.
This is an excellent role for a field engineer who desires to up-level their exposure to security technologies, influence the market and work closely with other experts on a common goal.
- Manage and support enterprise client engagements ranging from simple inquiry calls to larger architectural engagements; present NSS’ research and expertise to enterprise clients at internal and external events.
- Prepare clearly articulated, well-researched, and credible reports, blogs, and commentary using NSS test data, primary research, secondary sources and expert opinion.
- Communicate enterprise requirements for leading security products and communicating findings to both engineering and business audiences.
- Develop a research agenda in support of the Architecture Group and NSS Labs client research library development.
- Build relationships and engage with enterprise clients, vendors, services providers, the reseller community, and industry bodies through teleconferences, on-site briefings, and some travel to major industry events.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years experience:
- Demonstrate technical understanding of one or more security technologies and be able to compare technologies from multiple vendors.
- Hands-on field work installing, managing, and troubleshooting network security products for medium to large enterprise clients.
- Familiarity with well-known security testing tools (both performance- and threat-based)
- Accomplished presentation skills to diverse audiences backed by a genuine interest in enterprise client IT security challenges.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong documentation skills and with the ability to consistently manage and meet deadlines as well as communicate status.
- Masters degree or equivalent experience.
- Industry certification; for example, CISSP, etc.
- Currently reside in, or be willing to relocate to, Austin, Texas.
- Occasional travel as needed (<25%)
Please follow us on Twitter @workatnsslabs
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSSLabs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.