Partner Success Business Analyst at Vrbo
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment that offers the agility of a start-up but with the resources of a multinational presence?
Would you like to work with a product that allows you to impact the lives of millions of people in an important way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at Vrbo, part of the Expedia Group.
Our mission is to make every holiday rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace.
We're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.The Mission:
VRBO is seeking a premier Business Analyst to join our Global Partner Success Operations team in Austin. This team produces enterprise-wide visualizations and analytical reporting used by both account managers and senior leadership to make key business decisions. The team consists of high performing creative analysts capable of crafting and developing critical data sources along with the business knowledge to communicate their findings.
As a Business Analyst on our Global Partner Success Operations (GPSO) team, you will be recognized as both a data and business authority by VRBO leadership. You’ll have the significant responsibility of ensuring that data needs have been recognized, scoped, prioritized, and delivered as useful and creative visualizations.What You'll Do:
- Lead individual analytical work streams to stakeholders across VRBO, influencing fundamental investment, optimization and acquisition strategies.
- Define and develop business critical metrics and reports across all business levers, key performance indicators; ensure KPIs are published and reviewed on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Design, develop and integrate functional dashboard systems using Tableau Desktop and Server to enable easy interpretation of transactional data, client data, and KPI metrics.
- Use big data technologies to proactively drive insights from the data to inform partner success strategy and sales growth through our tiered service model.
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context and the how and why behind data inputs
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve Ops performance and measurement in the future
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights and present written business recommendations to the leadership in a clear and compelling way
- Quickly & expertly resolve day to day issues with existing reports as needed
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Information Systems, or related technical field
- Understanding of and proficiency in data engineering concepts
- Background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems
- Experience in using R, Python or a similar programming language to analyze data
- You are collaborative, technical and thorough, analytical and curious.
- Mastery in multiple Data Analysis Tools (MS SQL, Tableau, AWS, Presto, Scala)
- Strong business partnering and communications skills – including working with executive leadership.
- Able to effectively translate complex analyses and conclusions to lay audiences while linking and applying complex
- technologies to business needs.
- You demonstrate empathy and have the innate ability to see things from other’s perspective.
- Experience with agile delivery is a requirement.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.