Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
At Homeward, we are excited about our people. Every person has a voice, and we encourage sharing thoughts, ideas, and suggestions. In this role, you are a core member of the team to continue promoting that environment. You’re passionate about systems, data, processes, and compliance. You will help support HR-related needs across multiple departments.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.In this role you will:
- Support the entire People organization with multiple stakeholders requiring prioritization and high levels of communication. This position will have exposure to all parts of the team!
- Work in all systems to ensure reporting, data and workflows maximize efficiency and deliver accurate and clean data. Primary Systems: Paylocity, Greenhouse, 360Learning, OfficeVibe
- Create through lines for all people data to help support the entire employee lifecycle
- Project manage onboarding of new systems and upleveling our utilization of existing systems.
- Create dashboarding and visualizations for people data that may come from multiple sources.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for benchmarking of people data to inform the Homeward human capital strategy.
- Maintain confidentiality and build systems that ensure employee privacy is maintained. You will operate with high levels of integrity in all aspects of your work.
- Focus on efficiency and scalability in all projects, issues and areas you engage.
- 7+ years of human resources experience in a fast-paced environment with a growing company
- Certifications (SHRM) or educational background in the HR space, preferred
- Proven experience managing compliance and general HR needs for a rapidly growing startup
- System knowledge, Google Suite, PEO, and enterprise HRIS preferred
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Trustworthy, team player & collaborative approach to work
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, HRIS and LMS, and any other related programs useful for executing the above responsibilities
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Ability to know when a question requires reporting on basic data vs. sophisticated statistical analysis
- Strong project management skills
- Solid understanding of data visualization principles
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis, solid quantitative aptitude, and the ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Eagerness to learn and contribute
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated homebuying experience.