Policy Analyst, Health IT at findhelp
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:21 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, November 18, 2021
Hi, we’re findhelp. Nice to meet you.
We’re changing the way people connect to social care programs.
Findhelp launched 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped over 7 million people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
We’re powered by tech, driven to do good, and looking for passionate people. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission strikes a chord we’d love for you to keep reading.
The Policy Analyst will serve as our subject matter expert on health IT policy, analyzing the business impact of policy at the state and federal level and informing Aunt Bertha’s engagement as a thought leader in this space. The ideal person for this job is somebody who has technical knowledge of health IT policy, experience in the social care space, and a track-record of facilitating respectful and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Identify, analyze, and track legislative and regulatory activity
- Develop and own internal communication systems related to health IT policy and the business impact for the company
- Prepare high-quality internal and external-facing written material, including policy briefs, white papers, and blog posts
- Identify and track the work of key stakeholder groups, projects, and initiatives focused on social care data standardization
- Represent Aunt Bertha on stakeholder groups and facilitate internal information sharing about activities and implications
- Support Aunt Bertha leadership to drive strategic engagement in data standardization initiatives
- Act as a subject matter expert within the company on data standardization initiatives, effectively synthesizing and communicating learnings to other parts of the business, including customer-facing and product teams
- Create internal education materials and external-facing collateral on social care data standardization, such as blog posts and white papers
- 5+ years of relevant experience, which could include experience in health IT policy, health IT, health policy, and social policy.
- Experience engaging with internal and external leadership teams, confidence working with a diverse set of stakeholders including customers, vendors, and industry experts.
- Knows how to go deep on research projects and is a proactive learner.
- Superior communication & policy translation skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and demonstrated ability to communicate/present effectively at all levels of the organization including the C-suite. You can turn your in-depth policy research into something relatable and you’re comfortable tailoring your communication to your audience
- Works with minimal direction to achieve goals.
- You’re a proactive self-starter.
- Can manage a broad scope of work expertly. You’ll have a number of plates in the air in this role and you can ensure none of those plates will drop.
- Is detail-oriented. This position requires strong analytic, communication, planning and project management skills
- Takes charge to figure things out when there is ambiguity. You’re not afraid of researching things you don’t know about.
- Can handle change. As a fast-growing company, change is a constant and you’re comfortable with that
- Is in it for the Mission. You believe that no task is too small in the service of our mission.
- Preference will be given to applicants with an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Public Policy, Public Affairs, Health Administration, or other related area.
Findhelp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.
Read Full Job Description