Vrbo is seeking a Policy Researcher to join the policy team under the Global Health, Trust and Safety team. This team is responsible for developing and launching industry-leading, groundbreaking, advantageous marketplace policies, serving as the experts to cross-functional teams. We collaborate on a wide range of issues with stakeholders, from customer service to engineers to attorneys, working with them to reach consensus. You will perform research to support policy team decisions that ensure policies are consistent with marketplace standards, and to track the impact of those policy decisions.
We seek individuals that exhibit superb attention to detail, be a strategic thinker, have a research-focused background, and demonstrate a drive for efficiency, quality, and global standardization.
What You'll Do:
- Perform marketplace research related to policies in the shared economy and provide evaluation and summarization.
- Work with analytics teams throughout Vrbo to collect relevant data to inform policy decisions and their impact on the business.
- Consolidate research findings, often from multiple sources, into a concise, actionable story for stakeholders.
- Actively find policy opportunities to improve the user experience and better serve business needs using research.
- Work closely with stakeholders across multiple teams to clearly define and prioritize research questions, then outline and schedule research plans.
- Communicate information to all areas requiring this information.
- Participate as a contributing member of the team providing policy issues for discussion.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS required.
- 3+ years of experience supporting market research projects.
- Past experience and/or expertise in the shared economy industry a plus.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills combined with the ability to explain concepts to non-technical audiences.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.