The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.The Company
MongoDB is revolutionizing the enterprise software market, by disrupting database solutioning and redefining what it means to compute at scale. Our mission is simple; we aim to free the genius within everyone, by making data stunningly easy to work with. To fuel our continued rapid growth, we always look for talented individuals who can help enhance how we deliver value to our customers.The Team
Our Sales Effectiveness (SEFF) team is part of our broader Sales Analytics team - we obsess about helping Sales go faster and grow faster! This new function acts as business partners to our Senior Sales Leaders. You have an opportunity to embed yourself as the “COO” of the business unit you support, and your responsibilities will range across a variety of strategic initiatives including analyzing inefficient business rules, piloting new sales roles, optimizing for obstacles in the sales process, and analyzing sales data to come up with meaningful business insights.The Role
We are looking for an experienced analyst to help drive analytics for a particular sales segment within MDB. You will be responsible for learning the ins and outs of each major MongoDB Sales Business, play a critical role in building relationships with the senior leadership team, and drive forward strategic initiatives that will help us accelerate sales revenue. The ideal candidate understands what makes a Sales team thrive, has a strong interest in data analysis to tell stories, and thrives in shaping narratives that are conducive to helping our Sales team grow!As a Sales Effectiveness Analyst, you will
- Help drive the analytical rhythm of our business including quarterly business reviews, org deep dives
- Partner with Senior Sales leadership to drive market + segment specific analyses to uncover insight
- Become an expert in business rules and compensation rules to fully understand how Sales operates
- Conceptualize and pilot new programs to test the effectiveness of various sales roles / comp plans
- Participate in quarterly and annual business planning for the Sales teams.
- Partner with our Corporate Finance team to run productivity and headcount scenario analyses
- Bachelor’s Degree with a quantitative focus (Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- 3+ years of work experience in either Sales Strategy / Consulting / Sales Operations / Analytics
- Strong SQL knowledge with an ability to write SQL queries to extract data needed for analysis
- You are a spreadsheet wizard with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- You have some experience managing a team or supervising / mentoring at least one direct report.
- Effective communicator who can break down convoluted technical concepts into simple business vernacular.
- Experience with at least one major business intelligence tool (Tableau,Google Data Studio,Looker)
- You are familiar with databases, and the differences between “relational” vs. “non relational”
- You can navigate your way around Salesforce / Salesforce reports with relative ease
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.