Principal Business Analyst at Atlassian
Are you excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company through strong analytics and business insights? We're looking for a Principal Business Analyst with a passion for infrastructure, business intelligence, and driving informed business decisions. You will consult with business leaders on complex situations, translate raw data into valuable business insights, guide initiatives to measure business health, build department-level dashboards, invent key performance indicators, and more. An amazing candidate has a background in applied statistics, economics or a related quantitative field, strong business instincts, proven data visualization skills, experience as a trusted advisor to executives, and deep technical abilities. This is a senior role. You might not have all of these things and still be an amazing candidate based on your achievements.
- Be the trusted advisor to our Global Channel Management organization
- Consult with Channel leadership to explore scenarios around programs, performance, operations, and more
- Own the analytics portion of strategic initiatives
- Independently identify gaps and propose solutions for needs that both directly and indirectly affect the Channel team
- Partner with other analytics teams to find important signals up and down the sales funnel
- Dig into a variety of large data sets to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities to move business forward
- Manage a portfolio of reports and dashboards to monitor the business
- Consult with data engineers on our scalable data infrastructure for analytics
- Use data visualization, statistics, and storytelling to effectively answer open-ended and vague business questions
- Present your awesome data results and recommendations to executives and consult with them on next steps
- Regularly mentor and lead other analysts on challenging projects
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience in an analytics field
- Experience in channel sales for enterprise software, partner programs and management, reseller incentives, and two-tier distribution
- You independently navigate through complexity and ambiguity
- Able to see a business problem that needs a technical solution, and excited to solve it just because it needs to be solved
- Easily tell data stories to a non-technical audience
- Strong technical background in data visualization tools like Tableau, you know statistics, SQL, and data instrumentation
- You know how data sciences concepts like algorithm training, K-Means clustering, logistic regression, network graphs, and outlier detection fit into analytics solutions
- When presented with a challenge, you can present multiple solution options to senior leaders and explore the possible outcomes
You might also know:
- Channel marketing, product management, or business consulting
- What it's like working for a top software company or a firm that delivers enterprise software solutions to clients
- Distributed computing concepts (Hive/Hadoop) and how that impacts solution designs
- Dabbled in some data sciences because it was interesting
- Technical skills in R/Python
More about our team
The Sales Strategy and Analytics team takes raw business data and turns it into knowledge. We filter out the noise, test hypotheses, make the complicated simple, and give our colleagues the tools they need to be awesome. We're collaborative, inquisitive, imaginative, creative, and fun. As the work evolves, so do we. But we stay committed to outstanding results.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .