About Us: We’re an Innovation Lab operating within The Home Depot developing competitive edges with predictive analytics. We get the opportunity to have a significant impact on a 100+ Billion dollar company both online and in the stores. We work on high impact projects across the company. Our team, consisting of top-notch scientists, software engineers, and product managers, is small with little hierarchy – everyone is highly visible and has an opportunity to make an impact.
About The Role: Retail is going through an enormous transition where Big Data plays an increasingly prominent role. The successful candidate will be responsible for thought leadership of data science and software design in taking the solution from concept to final prototype to help The Home Depot navigate the changing retail landscape. We are looking to take analysis and modeling to the next level. The vision for this role is to lead a team and leverage statistical modeling and machine learning techniques to conceptualize, implement, and execute scientific solutions from the ground up, employing techniques and methods that are appropriate, effective, and leading-edge across the retail industry to drive business decision making.
▪ Lead & mentor a team of talented data scientists to deliver advanced analytics solutions
▪ Design analytic solutions leveraging advanced statistical modeling and optimization that are best suited to solve the business problems
▪ Provide thought leadership and establish a technical strategy and roadmap for advanced analytics
▪ Communicate timely and effectively both verbal and written to the peers, team, managers, and senior leadership team
▪ Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to develop scalable intelligent solutions to drive business impact
▪ Stay current with advancements in optimization, statistical modeling, programming techniques and advocate them where appropriate
Requirements: The primary function of this role is to serve as both a technical leader and people manager, with expertise in data science and business applications. The candidates for this position need to drive the end-to-end solutions from defining business problems to developing an intelligent solution.
• PhD or Masters degree with 8+ years experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Machine Learning, or related discipline
• 3+ years managing a team of data scientists
• Expert knowledge of R, Python or other statistical computing programming languages
• Strong communication and presentation skills with business stakeholders and technical teams
• Experience in customer analytics in B2B or B2C industries
• Experience in Cloud Platform analytics technologies
• Experience working cross-functionally with product and engineering teams
• Consulting experience
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BlackLocus and The Home Depot are Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employers. Available positions may vary by location. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. ©2005-2019 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. All rights reserved. Know your rights. Click here to view Federal labor law posters.