The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
We are looking for a self-starting data scientist to tackle some of the most interesting problems in the real estate space. As a Data Scientist here at Opcity/ Realtor.com you will help define and build the Opcity/ Realtor.com recommendation system from the ground up. You will have the freedom to test and explore the data where any decision will have an immediate visible impact.
An ideal candidate should be able to tackle a new problem space with minimal guidance. They should have the drive and ability to meet with relevant stakeholders, understand and model relevant data, and effectively communicate with an engineering team to put models into production. They should also be demonstrated lifelong learners and team players; willing to take advice and fill gaps in their knowledge when required.
Data Scientist Responsibilities
- Work with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and all other relevant stakeholders to frame a problem, both mathematically and within the business context
- Construct and fit statistical, machine learning, or optimization models
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain a deeper understanding of the problem
- Write production modeling code; collaborate with Software Engineers to implement algorithms in production
- Analyze experimental and observational data; communicate findings; facilitate launch decisions
Data Scientist Experience and Skills
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field or a B.A./B.S. with 3+ years professional or research experience
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with Python
- Matching and recommendation algorithms
- End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization
- Familiarity with Bayesian techniques
- Passion for solving unstructured and non-standard mathematical problems
- Willingness to collaborate and communicate with others to solve a problem
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity/Realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity/Realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description