About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team is a small but rapidly growing, high impact team at OJO. Our vision is to democratize the use of data in our company and steward building a data-driven decision culture. We aim to provide every team with reliable, trustworthy self-service access to relevant information while partnering cross-functionally and with the executive team on meaningful, deep analyses aimed at performance improvement in every function of our company. Every member on the team strives to have deep subject matter expertise on their relevant domains and has the freedom, opportunity and responsibility to own and manage the codebases for their domains in our data warehouse and BI platform. There is always important, challenging, and exciting work to accomplish in an incredibly fast paced and innovative environment!
About this Role
This is an opportunity to join the team and help to advance OJO’s mission of helping everyone find their next home. You will help grow a critical business area as well as have a platform to bring new insights to leadership throughout the company, test new ideas, and challenge and grow your own skills.
What you’ll do
- Use data to understand the consumer journey on movoto.com to identify opportunities to drive growth and influence strategy.
- Identify areas of friction on the site and within our broader product suite to increase consumer engagement on movoto.com and optimize the site to lead conversion.
- Work closely with product, SEO, engineering, data science and other members of the product teams to impact site traffic, conversion and engagement goals.
- Partner with the product stakeholders to design, track, and analyze A/B tests to optimize the consumer journey on movoto.com.
- Provide data-driven recommendations by analyzing on site trends and communicate product health to key stakeholders.
- Create new reports, dashboards and visuals to help monitor KPIs and individual operational use cases in our business intelligence platform -- Looker.
- Level up and sharpen your technical skills and understanding of SQL, data structures, data warehouses and business intelligence platforms to become an end to end functional analyst.
What we need from you
- Demonstrate OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Be Fearless and Fail Forward, Hire Great, Be Compassionate, and Earn Trust.
- Experience collaborating with team members and stakeholders, setting expectations and delivering on them.
- 3+ years of experience in analytics or business intelligence role.
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- A can do attitude with passion to get the job done, no matter how big or small the task.
- Growth mindset -- Would rather be given a hint or pushed in the right direction to solve a problem than be told out right.
- Proactive -- do not wait to be told what report/insight to work on next.
- Extremely strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Excel knowledge (including pivot tables, vlookups, index/match, etc.)
- Intermediate SQL knowledge and an interest in developing your skills further.
- Experience building reports and dashboards with Looker, Tableau, Power BI, or similar BI platforms.
Bonus points for
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Prior use of Google Analytics Platform for site traffic and conversion data
- Hands-On experience developing and working with dbt or Looker.
- Previous experience in data wrangling and analysis using Python, R or Matlab.
- Previous analytics experience working within a two sided marketplace.