QA Manager, Data & Analytics
Quality Assurance Manager, Data & Analytics
Procore’s global platform is revolutionizing the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built. We’re bringing the world’s construction data together on one single platform, and are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Manager to lead the charge of shaping the future of data in a historically underserved industry.
As a QA Manager at Procore, partner closely with leaders from our Development, Product and User Experience teams to help drive the vision of this group forward. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable operating in a world of billions of records and petabytes of data. You’ve held significant responsibility for the quality of the design and implementation of cloud-based data systems, including both customer-facing and infrastructural components. And you have experience managing and leading multiple teams of QA Engineers in a highly collaborative, agile software development environment. If this sounds like you—we’d love to hear from you!
This position has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters or in our Austin, TX office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Understand the current quality assurance process, identify opportunities for improvements and help drive this change your team and their squads
- Hire and develop future QA Engineers for our Data & Analytics team, including mentoring and placing new engineers on individual squads
- Drive improvements to performance, reportability, maintainability, resilience, and security for our data and analytics systems
- Build and lead QA Engineers across several Engineering teams, focusing on long-term organizational scalability
- Serve as a subject matter expert on data, reporting, and analytics, and the technology behind those systems
- Define key portions of our overall platform strategy and the data architecture for the world of construction
- Work with team leads and the Directors of Product and Engineering to understand product direction and guide Engineering teams toward decisions that support long-term goals as they add new features
- Educate teams on the concepts, architectures, and technologies used in data systems, leading them to think and operate at ever-increasing levels of scale
- Confidently communicate technical and non-technical subject matter across the entire organization
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing in a SaaS context
- 8+ years of experience working in Quality Assurance in a SaaS context
- A demonstrable track record of hiring and managing multiple Agile teams in a way that benefited the business, customers, and employees
- Ability to leverage exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communication skills within direct interactions with customers, business interests, investors, and engineers alike
- Ability to successfully operate and execute in ambiguous environments
- Experience working in live production data environments with large scale data pipelines
- Familiarity with scripting, HTTP protocols, test frameworks
- Knowledge of modern analytics and monitoring and the ability to derive actionable decisions from them
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.