Ascension Information Services is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making• Improve efficiency and care transitions• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to serve as a key resource to lead the assessment of quality solutions to support business processes. Our goal is to improve our data offerings through consolidation and modernization of our data and platforms, while continuing to build our data expertise. Implementing quality assurance methods to ensure testing validation throughout the solution development life cycle will play a key role in meeting our data delivery objectives. This position will lead/ mentor other staff in working with assigned business users to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
This position will be responsible for gaining understanding of business requirements for technical solutions and creating test plans to validate that business objectives are being met. The QA Analyst will work closely with the development team to build continuous integration of coding changes and implement both manual and automation testing of processes as appropriate.
Because the organization has invested in Agile Methodology, this position will be expected to work closely with the rest of the scrum/kanban team and internal business partners to identify, evaluate, design, and implement large scale data solutions, structured and unstructured, public and proprietary data. The QA Analyst will work iteratively on the cloud platform to design, develop and implement scalable, high performance solutions that offer measurable business value to customers.
- Solicit, clarify and analyze technical requirements and develop comprehensive testing plans from unit/systems testing, integration and user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Build test plans, test scripts and test cases for technical projects.
- Understands database schemas and data flow diagrams.
- Reviews and evaluates data output to ensure it conforms to technical requirements
- Ability to create detailed test plans for new development and maintain regression testing for existing functionality.
- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences, including management, the user community, and less-experienced staff.
- Able to create common frameworks for running test plans etc.
- Apply expertise in researching and root cause analysis of defects.
- Establish and manage day to day QA related tasks.
- Create test QA metrics and regularly assess data integrity from source to target.
- Consistently communicate on status of project deliverables
- Consistently provide work effort estimates to management to assist in setting priorities
- Deliver timely work in accordance with estimates
- Solve problems as they arise and communicate potential roadblocks to manage expectations
- Adhere strictly to all security policies
Desired Skills/ Work Experience:
- Three or more years of experience in SDLC or QA Lifecycle preferred
- Experience with CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) methodologies using Jenkins is required
- Experience in writing python scripts/frameworks and bash scripting
- Knowledge in Hadoop and cloud platforms and surrounding ecosystems is desirable.
- Experience doing QA with technologies such as hadoop, spark, hive etc is desirable.
- Experience working with big data teams and data engineers is desirable.
- Experience with gcp platform development tools Pub/sub, cloud storage, big table, big query, data flow, data proc, and composer desired.
- Experience with testing web services and APIs as in RESTful and SOAP.
- Participation in delivering projects using SDLC and Agile methodologies preferred.
- Experience with healthcare data is desirable
- Experience with version control platform github
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and strong analytical skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and analyze complex data sets
- Ability to assume responsibility and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in understanding frameworks, domains, and tools.
- Pipeline creation and automation for running test plans
- Quality control metrics data collection on data acquisition pipelines
- Able to collaborate with scrum team including scrum master, product owner, data analysts, Quality Assurance, business owners, and data architecture to produce the best possible end products
- Experience contributing to and leveraging jira and confluence.
- Ability to work with different file formats like Avro, Parquet, and JSON.
Master level technology degree preferred
Technology certifications preferred
Bachelor's in computer engineering or equivalent field or equivalent foreign degree required
Apply technical expertise in one or more information technology disciplines to support the organization's technical infrastructure.
- Analyze a chain of events and apply technical knowledge following established procedures.
- Successfully troubleshoot most application problems independently.
- Participate in design, contributing technical insights and ideas.
- Help formulate project scope and objectives.
- Work with customers to understand and explain business and technical issues, respond to user problems, explain new technologies, and present deliverables.
- Write basic documentation of a new or proposed system.
- Share knowledge effectively within the work team.
- Contribute to project plans, RFP's and RFI's.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.