Real Estate Analyst at Realized
Realized Holdings provides wealth-management solutions for real estate investors. We focus upon helping our clients defer taxes when selling investment properties. We utilize unique investment strategies and tax optimized real-estate™solutions to help meet our client’s real estate goals. In a sense, we are financial consultants for an investor’s real estate portfolio.
This is a great ground floor opportunity to grow with a young, entrepreneurial real estate investment company. You will join a close, passionate and energetic team that is reinventing how individuals invest in Tax-Optimized Real Estate™ and is charting a course for rapid growth. Our office is located in downtown Austin and offers a friendly, collaborative work environment that is fiercely engaged with delivering outstanding customer service and value to our clients.
The Real Estate Analyst will join our growing Real Estate team which has over over 85 years and $5.5 Billion in combined experience across a wide range of real estate disciplines. Primary responsibilities include underwriting, modeling, and conducting due diligence on potential investments and product offerings. Investment opportunities will exist across nearly all real estate product types and may be located throughout the country.
The ideal candidate must have an entrepreneurial mindset and adapt quickly to changes in the marketplace. Because Realized is small and growing, everyone in the company must be willing to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done. No job or duty is “below” anyone in a company our size.
- Utilize existing and create new investment models to evaluate structured investments in commercial real estate opportunities by incorporating market analysis, historical performance and cash flow projections.
- Prepare Private Placement Memorandums (PPMs), presentations and reports for commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and composition of executive summaries.
- Contribute in the due diligence and closing process review of offering materials, leases, operating statements, development budgets, equity and debt term sheets, third party due diligence reports, etc.
- Conduct market research and other ad hoc analysis, as needed.
- Maintain awareness of competitive landscape, real estate and capital markets industries.
- Over time, develop the ability to lead complicated, structured transactions from start-to-finish, including presenting to management with a deal level recommendation.
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in financial analysis environment. Mortgage or commercial real estate industry is preferred
- Strong financial modeling skills, including cash flow analysis, complex debt and equity partnership structures.
- Experience in structured finance, securitization or tax credits is a plus, but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of taxation.
- Proficiency in ARGUS software
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Communicate efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- Handle sensitive and confidential situations with tact, poise, and diplomacy.
- Efficiently manage your time while multitasking and staying organized.
- Be a team player in a collaborative work environment.