Regulatory Compliance Analyst at Q2 (Austin, TX or Remote)
Q2 BaaS is seeking a Regulatory Compliance Analyst who will report to the VP Operations Officer. The individual will be responsible as an internal analyst who collects, reviews information and controls from the Q2 BaaS business and operational unit. The person will be involved across the organizational business units to test and apply controls as they relate to our system of record CorePro and how our operational units manage business operations with our stakeholders, and their regulatory and risk requirements. They will interact with our stakeholder banks of record and fintech clients and their regulatory responsibilities in correlation to Q2 BaaS and CorePro to ensure implementation of risk-based oversight programs and controls across our stakeholders. Additionally, this individual will participate in and manage items related to our annual FFIEC examination, internal audits, and risk assessments.
- Work with internal business units and both internal and external auditors
- Work with stakeholder banks of records and fintechs to provide consultation where applicable
- Build and maintain key relationships and serve as a coordination point between BaaS operational units related to regulatory compliance, business unit controls, and risk assessments
- Maintain a proficient knowledge and act as a subject matter expert of Federal banking laws and regulations
- Gather documentation and supporting evidence in preparing for risk assessments audits and examinations
- Works with BaaS management and BaaS business units to and prepare for applicable regulatory audits and examinations
- Updates internal BaaS compliance documentation
- Maintains internal tracking of regulatory findings
- Participate in Cross Q2 organization compliance committee meetings
- Assists in setting up and administering compliance training for the organization through CorePro University and tracks and reports on completion for attendees.
- Performs special projects regarding Bank or Record oversight activities which may require research and analysis, including the preparation to Bank of Record or business unit leadership.
- Monitor and recommend changes to business unit’s policies, standards, and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, technology, pre-law, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8+ years in a financial institution, FI audit role or FI regulatory compliance experience
- Strong knowledge of OFAC Sanctions, Anti-Boycott, and other prominent sanctions programs (e.g. EU, UN), Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, and FFIEC Examinations Manual
- Strong knowledge of general banking with an understanding of deposit, lending and alternative investment products.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively within a team environment to ensure individual and departmental objectives are accomplished
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data from various sources in order to accurately maintain various data files
- Clear oral and written communication skills to effectively respond to employee, manager and/or customer inquiries and/or to accurately explain department policies and procedures
- Strong Personal Computer (PC) skills, especially those related to office software applications; word-processing software application skills are essential; working knowledge of database/spreadsheet applications and/or chart/graph software applications to adequately maintain records and/or prepare reports and presentation materials
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Visio and Project
- Must be able to effectively coordinate short-term projects in order to relieve managers and/or other staff of associated administrative responsibilities
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.