Research Associate at TrustRadius
TrustRadius is looking for a smart knowledge seeker to join our Research team.
We are a review site for business technology -- Think TripAdvisor for software. We have 200,000+ reviews and ratings across thousands of business software products on our site. Those reviews are read by millions of professionals each year who know that buying software is hard, and the stakes are high. We are changing how software is bought and sold—making it easier and more transparent—and we aim to build a great business in the process.
As Research Associate, you will learn a great deal about software products and categories. Your focus will be understanding software categories, and making sure those categories are represented and organized accurately on our site. You’ll do a good amount of online research, qualitative data analysis, and writing.
And you’ll help TrustRadius deliver on our promise to help software buyers make better decisions.
More about the Research team:
The Research team is tasked with making sure TrustRadius provides the most useful, trusted, high quality information for our site visitors.
We do a lot of listening:
- Listening to software buyers about their challenges in picking the right tool
- Listening to software users about the kind of feedback they have to share in reviews
- And listening to software vendors, so we can understand their market
All of that research helps us make sure we’re:
- Collecting the right insights from reviewers
- Grouping software products into categories that make sense
- Helping software buyers find what they need
A typical week for you in this role might include:
- What are Web Application Firewalls? Do some Googling to learn about it, and create that category on TrustRadius.
- Then write a useful and easy-to-read description of WAFs and the features they usually include.
- ProductX says it’s a Corporate Performance Management tool, but it mostly competes with Accounting software. Does it fit our CPM category? Go find out!
- Interview an ecommerce software vendor to get their view on how the category is evolving.
- Write a report summarizing reviewer feedback on the top 5 leading Marketing Automation products.
- Look at some ratings data in Excel to spot any trends.
This job will be a great fit for you if several of these statements fit you:
- You love to learn about new things—particularly technology.
- You’re good at understanding complex topics, and explaining them simply.
- You enjoy trying your hand at multiple forms of writing, such as articles, digests, research reports, and short descriptions.
- If you don’t know about a topic, you know how to go find out: Read about it, ask a few experts, or analyze some data.
- You like the idea of creating an organizational structure for complex, inter-related things.
- You’re proactive and self-motivated. You even like to carve out new projects for yourself.
- You like the idea of taking an existing process and making it better.
- You’re detail oriented but comfortable with ambiguity (software categories aren’t clearly delineated, after all).
- You’re interested in working at tech companies, but aren’t sure where to start.
- You’d enjoy finding out what makes other teams at your company tick (Sales, Marketing, Product and Customer Success)—and figuring out how you can help.
- You like the idea of working at a small but fast-growing company, where you can make an impact.
Other things about you:
- You’ve got a degree in something. Library science, research, communications -- All useful!
- You feel comfortable writing in a variety of different styles.
- Research experience a plus.
Important details about us:
- Compensation competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in a startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- TrustRadius is an Equal Opportunity Employer.