Retail Inventory Planner
The Retail Inventory Planner will oversee the planning and the execution of all goods-flow movements to and from YETI’s retail stores. This role will be responsible for developing the end-to-end processes including forecasting, assortment planning, special buys & value-added services. This critical role will ensure that our stores are always in-stock while balancing inventory turnover targets. This role will also develop load-in strategies, the replenishment cadence and seasonal transitions.
Initially the scope of the role will focus on the YETI Flagship store based in Austin Texas. You will be expected to drive solutions, have strong project management skills and work effectively with internal business partners.
A look at your day-to-day
- Studying & analyzing retail store sales details to understand trends and predict upcoming sales velocity by SKU.
- Forecasting sales at each store at a SKU level to calculate future inventory levels, plan required purchases, and build a detailed replenishment and sourcing plan that you will implement.
- Reviewing new product introductions with marketing, to ensure that new product introductions are highlighted at the YETI retail stores with adequate inventory.
- Reviewing on-hand inventory levels at the Dallas & Austin warehouses and to ensure fast and efficient replenishment for high velocity SKU’s.
- Planning and managing cycle counts and periodic physical inventory count processes within SAP and Retail Pro for YETI retail stores and the Austin warehouse
- Overseeing price tagging, and labeling of product for YETI retail store
- Coordinating inventory plans & communicating replenishment plans with store managers
Now a little bit about you….
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of experience in demand planning and inventory forecasting for retail stores is required
- Understanding of inventory management, fulfillment and replenishment processes, and inventory cycle counting required
- Experience with retail point of sales systems (Retail Pro preferred), as well as major ERP systems
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
- Experience with directing tagging and labeling of consumer products helpful
- Excellent time management skills
- Practical thinking and long-range planning. A proactive and quick thinker who exhibits common sense and the ability to problem solve in a high-intensity environment
- Experience in improving business processes via continuous process review
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent computer skills including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Competitive PTO program PLUS Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.