Retail Merchandise Planner
Retail Merchandise Planner
We're growing rapidly at Tecovas, and we’re looking for a dynamic, experienced Merchandise Planner to join our Retail team as we scale from one store to many!
The Retail Merchandise Planer will primarily be responsible for planning and allocating store-level merchandise and inventory for all Tecovas retail locations. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing weekly store inventory allocations based on sales velocity and Tecovas merchandising goals
- Tracking and analyzing store inventory to ensure target stock levels are achieved
- Planning and executing store replenishment, partnering with Operations, Finance, and Logistics teams to ensure plans are executed properly
- Providing weekly reporting for all store locations on all inventory-related KPIs
- Analyzing data to identify inventory risks and opportunities – and synthesizing and communicating them with the team
- Delivering effective weekly business updates to the Director of Retail on inventory- and product-related KPIs, issues, and solutions
- Building strong relationships with Store Managers, supporting local product and inventory needs by managing stock levels and adjusting quickly when changes are necessary
- Developing monthly forecasts of sales and inventory levels – and synthesizing and communicating them with the team
This role will report directly to the Director of Retail and will work cross-functionally with the Product, Finance, and Operations teams.
- 5+ years relevant work experience, with specific Retail Planning and/or Footwear experience a plus
- BA/BS degree
- Demonstrated creative thinking/problem solving ability
- Quantitative approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent multitasking and time management skills
- Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and ability to quickly master new applications and systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Independent, proactive, results-driven work ethic
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 99% health and 100% dental & vision insurance premium coverage for employee and dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we’ve grown from under 10 to over 40 employees since 2017) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!