Sales Research Analyst at SailPoint
Requirement: SailPoint is looking for a Sales Research Analyst to join our Sales Enablement team. In this role, you’ll be helping SailPoint make decisions by using field intelligence to improve sales and marketing performance. You’ll use data gathered through market and field research via legal and ethical collection about the capabilities, vulnerabilities, and intentions of business competitors. You’ll arm our sales leadership and sales teams with the resources needed to gain an edge and close more deals. You will be in the field, monitoring sources of data on competitors sales processes, marketing strategies, etc. Lessons learned in the field will be brought back in to sales and marketing to inform strategy, positioning and messaging and direct competitive campaigns. You will be analyzing on a deal by deal basis and providing post-mortems on wins and losses.
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) on key competitors’ product, business, sales, and marketing strategies
- Work in tandem with sales and our Market Intelligence team
- Work closely with leadership to present findings from the field in a concise and timely manner
- Assist in development of competitive presales strategies, manage their execution across presales, and work as the SME alongside AE and SEs in deal by deal competitive situations
- Build relationships with other internal and external SMEs to stay current and help generate actionable insights
- Work in tandem with our Market Intelligence Team to understand and leverage market evidence driving the development of positioning and messaging that our sellers and our partners need to be armed with to be successful
- Work closely with Sales Leadership to deliver content, presentations and documentation needed for them to be successful (e.g. case studies, customer wins, customer facing presentations, training material for partners and customers)
- Work closely with channel management to ensure successful enablement of partners.
- Measure success by tracking win rates against top competitors
- 2+ years of experience in competitive intelligence/strategy, preferably in Saas technology.
- Mindset that it takes to help the team win
- Proven research techniques
- Mastery of standard secondary research sources
- Excellent communication, presentation skills; able to establish credibility with senior leaders
- Experience building cross-functional relationships to achieve shared goals
- Extensive project and program management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a high-pressured, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to partner with and earn the trust of sales and channel
- Proactive and self-directed: Must be able to define and scope new initiatives with minimal guidance based on field input and relevant field data
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.