Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As a Security Questionnaire Analyst, you will be responsible for managing and completing vendor due to diligence requests for both new Enterprise cloud customers as well as Enterprise customers looking to migrate to the cloud. You will be expected to know the capabilities of cloud compliance that Atlassian can and can’t provide for each of our products, in addition to finding or creating answers for vendor due diligence questions that we don’t know today. You will provide a feedback loop between the Sales and Trust teams in order to highlight any potential compliance gaps that are blocking customers from working with Atlassian, and spearhead the continuous improvement of our vendor due diligence tools & resources to help smooth the landing of our customers in the cloud.
- Complete security questionnaire requests in a timely manner and collaborates with the Enterprise Advocate team to provide completed questionnaires to customers
- Maintain and update the security questionnaire Answer Library by learning from internal teams and completing research to find or create answers for knowledge gaps
- Train Solution Engineering team on security topics as they evolve and help to drive the security strategy of the team as a whole
- Support direct sales with security expertise in conversations with customers
- Conduct analysis on completed security questionnaires to determine win rate and trends of customer deals associated with compliance requests
- Update internal-facing documentation regarding security questionnaire request and completion processes
- Update external-facing Atlassian Trust Center with self-serve customer resources and templates
- Stay current on cloud compliance updates and industry best practices
- A foundational understanding of cloud software security, compliance, and data privacy
- Excellent MS Word and Excel formatting skills
- Ability to translate customer questions and match to the most relevant response
- A professional, positive (can-do) attitude
- Very strong communication & analytical skills - written and oral, in English
- Exceptional capacity to prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- 2+ years in compliance, preferably for a software company
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Experience supporting a Sales team
More about you
We're looking for a dynamic team member who will both teach and learn from all of us on the Solutions Engineering team. You are a creative problem solver who is always looking to make workflows more efficient and challenging the status quo. You’re ready to make the team better by teaching them what you’ve learned and bring that knowledge to conversations with customers. You love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback, tolerate failure, love to win, hate to lose, and are passionate about making clients successful.
Still, reading? You’ll need familiarity with how prospective customers evaluate the security practices of a software vendor. As a bonus, you can wow us with how you would optimize the security process within a SaaS sales motion.
Really want to win us over? Tell us about your experience working with security professionals in the wild.
More about our team
You’ll be working alongside a globally distributed SE team, speaking with Global 2000 companies every day, collaborating closely with our sales teams to provide an Enterprise-grade experience to our customers. We're a get s#$% done distributed team, built on Atlassian's core values. If this mirrors how you want to work, then we are excited to have you join the team and help our company grow and change for the better.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.