Senior Analyst, Operations Reporting & Analytics at LegalZoom
As a Senior Operations Reporting & Analytics Analyst you will utilize business intelligence tools to perform data analytics, and modeling, to provide planning, forecasting, as well as provide business insights. In addition, manage fulfillment operations data analytics projects from planning to implementation. Your primary objective will be to assist your business partners in drawing actionable insights from their data. In addition, you will be supporting ad hoc business requests and projects as needs arise.
To be successful, you must be more than just a stellar architect, technician, or data modeler. You will have one foot in technology, while the other is planted firmly with the business leaders. You will need to bring a diverse spectrum of skills to elicit requirements, design and develop applications, perform data analysis, and present actionable insights from data that will contribute deeply to the development of our strategy and drive impact towards business objectives. You should know what it takes to deliver quality reporting and business intelligence solutions to the organization, understand the value and benefit of solid data analysis practices, and be able to translate that into satisfied business partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Elicit requirements from a wide range of different teams
- Evaluate business requirements against existing data sources
- Develop extract, transform, and load (“ETL”) procedures from multiple data sources as needed to meet business requirements
- Design and develop dimensional data models to support BI application layer
- Design and build visualization dashboards to accelerate information-to-action while leveraging best practices to make key decisions and drive business results
- Distill, present, and evangelize findings. Summarize key insights for technical and non-technical audiences
- Data Analytics and modeling; establish baseline metrics and analytics, collaborate with Business Operations and the leadership team to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals. Establish and maintain management dashboards, regional reports, and executive review documents that will drive business outcomes.
- Monitor existing KPI metrics, developing new metrics, identity correlations and root causes
- Performing regular system audits to ensure complete and accurate reporting of data/metrics
- Support quarterly, annual planning activities
- Develop programs, methodologies, and reports for analyzing and presenting data
- Act as a SME for BI tools as well as delivering training to team members on the usage of these tools
- Contribute to presentations for internal audiences
- Invent new ways to define and measure program effectiveness and organizational productivity
- Assignments are broad and complex in nature requiring originality, ingenuity, and leadership, and will often have appreciable latitude for decision making and require working under minimum supervision
- 3+ years of creating BI applications including dimensional data models and interactive visualizations working with massive and rich databases
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a data science, business analytics, business intelligence, or business analysis
- Deep understanding of ETL processes, including normalization and standardization of disparate data sets
- Advanced tableau, excel and SQL are a must
- Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems, pull data, and extract insights that led to tangible results
- Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven ability balance competing priorities, workloads, and tight timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment of a high-growth company
- Ability to triage data concerns with both business and technical stakeholders, establish root cause, and propose quality improvement mechanisms
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business, Management, Economics, Accounting, Finance preferred
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.