We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Assortment Analyst to join our Assortment Analytics Team. You will be responsible for delivering data-driven, actionable assortment recommendations that meet our customers’ unique needs and exceed their expectations. This position requires experience drawing conclusions from imperfect and incomplete data, application of various analytical techniques, and influencing decision-makers using quantitative arguments. Above all, you will drive the achievement of company goals through the execution of high-quality analysis, reporting and visualizations, and the successful communication of assortment recommendations.
- Provide strategic and tactical assortment guidance to Merchandising teams by delivering data-driven, customer-centric insights that support developing differentiated and optimized assortment within category planning and resets the process
- Engage with leadership to develop and define analytical framework and evaluation methodologies as part of the Category Management process
- Produce quantitative-based micro space allocation and merchandising recommendations that directly contribute to improved operations and category performance, including but not limited to: sales, margins, and turns
- Actively engage in small cross-functional analytics groups (POD teams): Serve as assortment analytics point of contact for special projects, ad hoc analysis, and other initiatives related to assigned Merchandising teams
- Execute data storage and reporting for partners in Merchandising, Merchandising Operations, and Regional Leadership
- Play a lead role in developing and enhancing standardized reporting and visualization analytical tools to understand how new initiatives impact merchandising levers that drive top and bottom line, traffic, conversion, and loyalty
- Analyze and evaluate event, category, item performance; partnering with other analytics teams to understand the total impact of recommended assortment changes
This job profile is not meant to be all-inclusive; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Proven ability to take complex business analyses and projects from concept to completion and make results accessible and relevant to business users at all levels
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills, including reporting and visualization
- Demonstrates advanced ability in the implementation and use of various retail software solutions: POS, assortment analysis and planning tools, etc.
- Experience with working with market syndicated data (e.g. Nielsen/iRi), shopper insights solutions, visual analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau), and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with data solutions such as SQL and Alteryx is a plus, not required
- Self-directed, innovative thinker with strong attention to detail
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the “why” of various results
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal, and written
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Strong work ethic complemented with a positive, can-do attitude
- Creative problem-solving skills, maturity to handle ambiguity, flexibility to perform in a dynamic collaborative environment, and ability to multitask across projects simultaneously
- Integrates trends, data, and information into forecasts, plans, models, and recommendations
- Understands customer, market, and industry trends and emerging challenges
- Able to play a key and influential role working with others, in groups, in cross-functional settings, and with diverse stakeholders internally and externally
- Models WFM principles and core values
- Able to travel on occasion
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 4-6 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Analytical Business Specialty, Marketing Research or commensurate retail experience preferred
- MS or MBA plus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.