Senior BI Analyst (Growth/Pricing) at EZ Texting
EZ Texting is the #1 text communications technology company delivering fast, easy, and effective solutions for businesses across a wide variety of industries. Dreamers first, we are at the forefront of revolutionizing the way businesses communicate with their customers and believe personal relationships can transform an organization’s ability to grow.
Our employees are our greatest strength. We’re expanding quickly and scaling our teams to help accelerate growth while remaining committed to hiring exceptional, values-aligned talent. We have consistently been rated a Top 100 workplace and are committed to being a best-in-class employer for remote work — with benefits to match!
We are open to hire in CA, NY, TX, OR, WA, GA, PA, & TN, but welcome top applicants nationwide as we expand our operating boundaries.Role Overview:
As a Senior Business Analyst - Pricing / Growth you will support a rapidly growing team extract insight from data to directly impact business results. This role will partner with cross functional teams across the company including Marketing, Product, Customer Management, Finance, Growth and Engineering to tell stories with data and drive better decision making ranging from the design of our products to the engagement with our customer base. You will be the data and reporting expert on our team, working to retrieve, integrate, visualize, and present critical data in a way that is immediately useful to improve the business decision making process. You will create reports, dashboards, metrics, and models that ensure we are focused on the right things for our customers.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of strong analytical skills, good business sense and the ability to understand business challenges and tie together data from across the EZ Texting platforms to enable effective decision making. They will have a strong track record of partnering with technical and non-technical internal customers and stakeholders and translating their data into actionable reporting and insights. You must have experience working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to analyze with them. They will be extremely organized and drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy to understand way. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys working with large-scale data and is excited to partner with key stakeholders to dig deep into data to understand their space and identify insights to direct strategy and measure impact. This person will be a creative problem solver who is resourceful, proactive, and collaborative with proven ability to work independently on multiple projects under tight time constraints.Primary Responsibilities:
- Reporting & Analysis – Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources, identifying key indicators and actionable insights, and effectively communicating the most important information to drive decisions. Design, develop, and evaluate recurring and ad hoc reporting / dashboards to drive and monitor the business and our products using best practices in data visualization and reporting tools, including Tableau, DataStudio, Power BI or similar.
- Process Documentation - Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes.
- Project Management - Produce detailed business requirements, coordinate and manage user acceptance test plans, and participate in stakeholder management.
- Problem Solving - Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems and possible mitigation plans in advance. Strong desire and ability to dive deep into a given problem statement.
- Subject Matter Expert – Develop deep knowledge of the EZ Texting and related sub brands data architecture, system map and relation to product/feature use by customers. Act as a trusted adviser to internal stakeholders by sharing best practices and requirements for optimal use of these systems and data.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst, Data Analyst, or related role
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau, DataStudio, PowerBI
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users, writing user acceptance test scripts and facilitating UAT sessions
- Extensive experience with testing including test design, accounting for outliers, setting up control groups and determining statistical significance
- Specific experience with testing around pricing and packaging in SaaS or subscription based business models preferred
- Experience with optimization / testing software such as VWO
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and work well in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
- Ability to use data to develop insights, recommendations, and business cases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including translating findings into compelling recommendations, polished deliverables, and actionable solutions.
- Ability to partner with and communicate across business functions,
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
- Proven ability to communicate with business and technical audiences at all levels, including demonstrated success influencing senior leaders and decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our business, projects, and opportunities to improve the outcomes of our largest strategic projects and programs
- Experience with open source data scripting languages (Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- Experience with data mining and analytics techniques
Benefits available to EZ Texting team members include, but are not limited to:
- 100% paid medical, vision, dental and life insurance for self (generous coverage for families)
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and unlimited sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Annual personalized learning reimbursement
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
Remote-work optimization benefits including:
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly flexible remote work stipend, including DoorDash subscription
- Annual home office enhancement stipend
- Direct-billing ordering for supplies
EZ Texting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.