- Coordinate with Clinical Performance team to define and document core program objectives, required outcomes and key performance indicators
- Define and create vendor oversight reporting capabilities and related governance strategy as well as assist in vendor management and oversight
- Gather business requirements and build reporting capabilities to monitor clinical program performance, that is structured and presented in a way business leads can quickly interpret data
- Coordinate cross-functionally to produce timely and accurate regulatory reporting
- Support and maintain regular analyses of programmatic value to Bright's members, Care Partners and Bright
- Manage workplans, prioritize resources to meet key deliverables, manage data file exchange and escalation related to data flowing to/from delegated entities
- Present routine updates of work within Clinical Performance or other departmental status meetings
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree is required
- Five (5) or more years related experience required, preferably within a health plan or related field
- Experience in interpreting data analytics, outcomes measures in health care and use of that data to drive change required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (sorting/formulas, graphs,) PowerPoint (navigating and creating clear, concise presentations,) and Tableau, required.
- Takes a creative approach to audience-facing dashboard and reporting, establishing ease of access and data manipulation by end user.
- Ability to drive results through data, in a collaborative environment
- Ability to visualize data using self-service tools, such as Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, etc.
- Comfort managing multiple timely priorities to support program needs
- Flexible and able to deal with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally, establish working relationships, and communicate effectively
- Combines creativity with analytical and technical skills when working to solve a problem
- Strong operational mindset and use of data to draw insights; when applicable data is not available, have the ability to gather all available information to support an approach and devise steps to measure the impact of clinical programs
- Experience in leveraging data and technology to solve problems or improve processes
- Bias toward action; sense of urgency, self-initiative, and ownership of work