“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Network team is responsible for partnering with our Care Partners to turn their provider networks into market leading integrated delivery systems. We are reimagining how the network development, implementation and management functions can advance affordable, simple, and personal care for our members. The Senior Business Analyst, Provider Reporting will be accountable for driving the company’s performance by defining and building our best practices for high-performing network design, prioritizing network development priorities across active and new markets, and advancing other strategic initiatives. This role will collaborate with other teams at Bright, including Market Development, market leadership, distribution, operations, analytics, legal, and finance. You will also represent Bright with external partners, including identifying and developing key new participants of Bright’s insurance networks.
- Scope, develop and manage process of new market network construction
- Work with Care Partner to navigate market landscape and coordinate efforts to enhance clinically integrated network development
- Evaluate existing and potential Care Partner networks against regulatory standards to inform market viability
- Identify and pursue potential high quality and cost-efficient network participants needed to satisfy internal and external network structure standards
- Conduct research to inform enterprise understanding of federal and state regulatory environments
- Contribute to the development of best practices for provider contract negotiation and execution in new and existing Bright markets
- Assess and manage external resources (e.g. consultants, vendors etc.)
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required. Mathematics, Economics, Healthcare or other quantitative discipline preferred
- Three (3)+ years of experience, ideally at a consulting firm, investment back, healthcare provider, payer, or vendor required
- A passion for and experience in the healthcare services or other highly regulated sectors
- Strong, creative thinking skills with the ability to analyze problems which may require multiple and/or unconventional approaches
- Desire and ability to quickly move between highly detailed analytics and big picture strategic thinking
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in parallel to completion
- Bias toward action; sense of urgency, self-initiative, and ownership of work
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and collaborate on internal and external-facing projects across cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with healthcare data including but not limited to claims, testing results and pharmacy data required
- Experience with MS Excel functions that include working with large data sets, creating standardized reports, utilizing vLookups and advanced functions/ formulas, creating, using and interpreting pivot tables, filtering and formatting
- Strong data querying skills using tools such as SQL or SAS Enterprise Guide required
- Ability to prepare dashboards and presenting data using a data visualization tool such as Tableau preferred
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.