Senior Business Analyst at Whole Foods Market
- Serves as analytical partner, financial steward and regional advocate to global operations leadership teams and global finance team.
- Upholds program goals and mission of the global finance team when interacting with various business partners. May act as lead of working groups and provide guidance, coordination, review and insight.
- Acts independently to leverage cross-functional partnerships in support of business initiatives and driving sustainable improvement within regional results.
- Provides financial insights, highlights opportunities, and drives action with operational and finance leadership and coordinates follow-ups.
- May include providing regular high-level metrics or recaps on stores, metros, regions, and programs demonstrating an understanding of the primary business drivers.
- May include a focus on store level opportunities such as new store support, competitive opening / cannibalization support and/or under-performing store/metro engagements.
- May include a focus on regional opportunities such as in-depth category analysis, controllable expense challenges and/or benchmarking performance.
- Seeks to better understand business drivers, identify notable trends and recommend operational process improvements.
- May include creating executive recaps for business reviews discussing performance, challenges and opportunities within Operations or with global business partners and leaders, including Global Merchant Teams, Retail Operations, Workforce Planning Team, FP&A, Marketing Analytics and DATA support teams.
- May include translating business problem statements into analysis/toolset requirements.
- May include dissecting new product/process launches, understanding performance of regions, teams or expense drivers, and/or correlating business process to financial results.
- Includes anticipation of Change Management constraints and builds them into program considerations
- Recognizes cross-functional partnership opportunities and seeks to build global relationships.
- May include the development and rollout of global initiatives including change management requirements and addresses them actively in program rollouts.
- Drives financial acumen through content development and direct engagement with leadership.
- Actively collaborates and influences the development of operational best practices and SOPs.
- Generates quality, error-free deliverables appropriate for leadership presentations.
- Creatively adapts to unexpected obstacles and reallocates time, priorities, and resources accordingly.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in both one-on-one situations and group meetings
- Willing to travel up to 30%, domestically and internationally, as required.
- Other adhoc duties as required
- Displays a mastery of industry-standard business drivers including Sales, Gross Margin, Labor and Operational Expenses.
- Excellent ability to monitor, examine and review financial statements, reports and accounts.
- Excellent knowledge or action plan to become an advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau, FPM, Everclear and other WFM reporting tools.
- In-depth understanding of applicable company, departmental, and Retail Operations SOPs.
- Confident navigating, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets. Able to identify new and improved methods of performing data manipulation and analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of the WFM product mix and retail operations.
COMMUNICATION, IMPACT & INFLUENCE:
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal communication skills and high levels of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality. Produces concise and effective presentations for senior leadership.
- Communicates effectively with all types of audiences, internally and externally, including senior leadership. Tailors communication to accommodate varying skillsets.
- Conveys and consults on complex matters with broad organizational significance.
- Recognizes change management as a core component of process development, addressing challenges ahead of deployment.
- Cultivates a sense of community by collaborating with fellow Team Members to achieve group or organizational goals.
- Supports a philosophy of shared fate with self-responsibility.
- Actively looks to mentor less experienced team members.
- Continually seeks and provides critical feedback.
- Demonstrates strategic understanding of business objectives, competitive strengths and opportunities of WFM and supported stores.
- Leverages knowledge of customer, market and industry trends and emerging challenges to make business improvement recommendations.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of the WFM product mix, supply base and retail operations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree and 3-5 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.