Senior Business Analyst at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:54 a.m. (CST) on Friday, November 5, 2021
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 700 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
As a Sr. Business Analyst on the Delivery team, you will be responsible for gathering requirements, performing workflow analysis, defining the scope of work with new customers, and supporting the successful transition of new customers from Sales to Delivery. You will work directly with prospects and contracted customers across several simultaneous engagements to perform detailed analysis of the customers’ functional requirements and workflows. You will also confirm key technical details that are critical to the successful deployment of RapidDeploy products. You will engage with customer stakeholders at all levels of the organization and coordinate with various internal groups to promote success across pre-sales, post-sales, and handover activities. In an industry where trust and relationships are paramount, this is a critical function where we need a star performer who can make a difference and grow with the role.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 5+ years in Business Analyst or similar role, working in a client-facing role
- Experience leading and supporting complex customer discovery, requirements gathering, and business process analysis efforts
- Experience creating and maintaining detailed business process, requirements, and project scope documentation, including process diagrams
- Experience performing business analysis activities as part of SaaS development and/or deployment engagements
- Experience working with government entities to drive technology deployment and/or adoption initiatives
- Hands-on experience supporting multiple simultaneous customer engagements in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience working with 3rd-party prime contractors and/or resellers in the analysis and scoping of complex projects
- Excellent communicator with the ability to translate observations and data into actionable insights
- Experience serving the Public Safety industry
- Knowledge of the Public Safety industry, including applicable technologies, market landscape, industry players, etc.
- Background in deploying or supporting public safety software, CAD in particular
- Experience using HubSpot or similar CRM to update and manage customer and deal information
- Technical writing
Preferred (these are considered a plus, but are not required for consideration for this role):
What you’ll be doing at RapidDeploy:
- Define customer requirements and collect necessary information from customers during the sales process
- Coordinate the collection of data samples required to define the integration approach with each customer’s equipment and infrastructure
- Confirm customer technical specifics, including application access (workstations, hardware, internet, browser, etc.)
- Support and drive post-sales efforts, working closely with contracted customers to conduct deep-dive analysis with customer PoCs to define and document information deemed critical to successful product deployments, including:
- Document customer workflows and requirements for daily operations of RapidDeploy products
- Define the required feature set for each customer as part of workflow and requirements analysis efforts
- Define the scope and requirements for 3rd-party interfaces and integrations
- Define the technical approach for GIS data/service creation and management and service hosting/publishing capability
- Identify any critical gaps that may become blockers and/or translate into Product commitments
- Facilitate reviews with RD Product, when required, to review potential product commitments (enhancements, new features, new integrations, etc.) and associated timelines
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the outcomes and decisions related to customer analysis efforts, covering the topics listed above
- Coordinate with SEs and Sales Ops to ensure discovery outcomes, requirements, and commitments are clearly documented in the SOW prior to sign-off and any other contractual impacts are accounted for
- Facilitating detailed handover reviews with Project Management and Implementation teams to support project initiation activities once customer SOWs are fully executed
- Manage and maintain document templates over time, implementing and communicating updates to impacted internal stakeholders, when needed
- Contribute to RFP responses and other sales activities, as needed
- Contribute to the vision and mission of RapidDeploy by helping where you can – we are a fast-growing technology company in a dynamic market environment and job requirements are subject to frequent changes
Support and drive pre-sales efforts, working closely with Sales Engineering (SE) and prospect customers to perform the following functions:
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
- RapidDeploy is a well-funded, venture backed growth company
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description