Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, Corporate Strategy at Unity Technologies
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
As a Senior Business Intelligence (“BI”) Analyst, you will partner closely with finance teams and business leaders to drive the quality, speed, and actionability of our business insights and deepen the quality of our financial analytics and insight toolkit.
Come join Unity as part of the FP&A team as we develop and build a new business intelligence led processes and systems that will rapidly deliver business insights to our leaders. This is a key role and will help ensure alignment on metrics across the company and drive key projects as we continue the rapid growth of our business across existing and new products and markets.
This role will report into our Senior Manager, Finance BI and Analytics team.
- Help evolve the vision, strategy, and implementation of business intelligence and analytics within Unity’s Finance team
- Lead organization wide initiatives to develop new processes, define business success, connect databases or alternative data sources for analysis, and streamline existing processes relating to financial reporting
- Design, develop, and deliver insightful financial reports, KPIs, dashboards, and visual forward analyses for executive leadership decision making
- Drive data-driven business decisions by providing actionable insight and analysis to multiple internal teams including Sales, Marketing, R&D, Customer Support, and Finance
- Collaborate cross-functionally as the subject matter expert on business strategy and primary growth drivers to monitor and advise on the health of developed, nascent businesses, and address tough business issues
- Provide in-depth analysis and commentary on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts
- Drive process improvement initiatives such as reporting automation/evolution and integrated forecasting/planning
- Prior experience in planning, business intelligence, data analytics, finance, accounting, strategy, and/or consulting functions
- Strong understanding of efficient architecting, ETL, and documentation best practices with BigQuery/Data Studio, Looker, or other visualization tools. Ability to leverage our data pipeline to develop cadenced reports and drive bespoke analysis for Finance
- Strong ability to quickly grasp business team goals/KPIs, provide analysis to drive success, work at all levels of the organization gathering requirements and communicating outputs, and translate data into insight, distilling complex trends and business drivers into actionable insight
- Experience in SQL with ability to translate business needs and offline financial models into performant, scalable code
- Proactive transformation of complex and ambiguous datasets to distill data into insight, create reports and analysis that tell the story behind the numbers to cross-functional business partners and executive leadership
- Data exploration and analysis experience using popular statistical packages such as R or Python
- Experience in SaaS, video games, or technology
- Adaptive Planning, Netsuite, and/or Workday
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.