We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst who is passionate about helping provide our business and finance teams with insights and metrics that enable us to make better decisions. You will develop a deep understanding of our business operations, including many of our most important business processes. Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst plays an important role in developing operational reporting, visualizations, and data-driven business insights across the company. You will collaborate across the organization with executives, analysts, software engineers, accountants, sales directors, and other key stakeholders.
Your ability to make sense of disparate data and effectively communicate your insights in plain English to your colleagues will be a key driver of your success at CS Disco.
- Deep dive into Disco’s revenue model; look for opportunities to guide decision making with data
- Create effective data visualizations, reports, and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve data quality and shared metrics on our platforms
- Unlock valuable business insights by combining data from disparate operational systems, spreadsheets, and databases
- Create models in Excel to perform “what if?” analyses
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to gather reporting requirements and share insights from your analyses
- 5+ years overall analytics experience
- 2+ years analysis experience with a SaaS based business model
- Significant skill using SQL to manipulate data and produce business-relevant information
- Solid Excel skills: especially pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, and SUMIFs
- Attention to detail is non-negotiable. The right candidate has attention to detail hardwired into their thinking
- A natural tilt towards collaboration: business insights are only as a good as the change they drive across the organization
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Understanding of data modeling – e.g., normalization, entity relationships, keys, indexes, etc.
- Familiarity with modern (columnar) data warehouses such as Snowflake or Redshift
- Welcomes constructive criticism
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. math, finance, computer science, engineering, econ)
- Master’s degree in analytics or related field preferred
- Knowledge of Python and its data analysis libraries (e.g. Pandas)
- Knowledge of basic statistical methods
- Familiarity with ETL practices and tools
Location and travel requirements
This role will work full time from the DISCO headquarters in Austin, TX with the possibility of occasional travel within the US and abroad if required.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legaltech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401k
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day, as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.