Atlassian is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to be an engaged thought parter and application visionary who shapes business demand for technology. The BSA collaborates directly with business clients to collect, document, and clarify business requirements, and acts as a bridge to the technical team who build solutions.
What's expected in this role
- Build strong working relationships across business and technical teams
- Be an active listener to deeply understand comments and concerns expressed by stakeholders
- Document business problems/needs, objectives, functional requirements and more to support system changes
- Learn and capture the business process
- Identifies and articulate the impact of decisions on upstream and downstream areas, trade-offs, benefits
- Design and administer UAT sessions, troubleshoot through testing
- Maintain internal backlog of feature requests, communicate status to end users, track and analyze issues for prioritization
What you will bring
- 5-10 years of Business systems analyst, business analyst, or systems analyst experience
- Experience in configuring and managing software/platform solutions and familiarity with automation technology and approaches
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience directly facilitating large meetings or workshops as a means to capture requirements
- High level of comfort managing work in projects at an ambiguous stage with shifting priorities
What skills you will need
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communication skills that articulate complex concepts that both business and technical stakeholders can easily understand
- Deep analytical skills that uses structured and unstructured data to inform key metrics and improve business decision making
- Superior problem-solving skills and the willingness to get into the details and ability to know when to get out
- Influencing skills that compel and persuade individuals or teams that operate inside and outside the company without direct authority
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, information systems, or like degrees (preference on STEM degrees)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .