Senior Data Analyst-Data Science Experimentation / Orchestration at Realtor.com (Austin, TX)
At realtor.com, we process terabytes of data everyday and transform that data into information that powers decisions for millions of home buyers, renters, dreamers, and real estate professionals. We aim to radically simplify home buying/selling and help more people achieve the American dream on our realtor.com website and mobile apps.
We are looking for a seasoned Experimentation Analyst to join our Data Science team and help take it to the next level. In this role, you will analyze experiments deployed across various digital platforms. In your analysis, you will need to go beyond reporting on what users are doing on the site to searching for why they are doing what they are doing and how that is different between groups. You will develop hypotheses and design ways to test those hypotheses. Through all of that, you will be constantly interfacing with other departments, particularly the product managers, designers, and developers in our e-commerce department, and you must be able to effectively communicate your analyses and insights to them.Responsibilities:
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of the platform. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Use advanced techniques (statistical modeling, experimentation, causal inference) to analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns and uncover opportunities. Create a rich understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content and use these insights to then make recommendations.
- Opportunity Identification and Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
- Partnership and communication: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- 4+ years’ work experience using data to conduct experiments
- 3+ years of Experience with Python and SQL programming languages
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud-based data environments, such as AWS
- Experience with MySQL
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g. confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression analysis)
- Advanced technical and modeling skills including Excel skills (pivot, vlookup, etc.) and data analytics
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Intense curiosity, high intellectual and analytical horsepower, passionate pursuit of analytics driven insights
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills and experience presenting to diverse audiences
- Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases and an ability to translate complex analysis into actionable recommendations
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.