Senior Data Analyst at Cloudflare
About the department
Cloudflare is looking to build and grow our data analytics/business intelligence team that will be responsible for building a large-scale enterprise modern data lake and EDW that combines massive petabyte scale traffic logs with data from various business systems supporting product, marketing, customer support, sales, finance etc. and enabling easier consumption of that data using tools to drive standard reporting, adhoc/exploratory analytics and advanced insights using data science models.
About the role
As part of this initiative, we are looking for a strong data analyst to come join Cloudflare and help us drive analytic insights and best practices at scale from the ground up. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data background with acute product and business acumen to deliver highly strategic and compelling insights that accelerate our business growth and influence our product decisions within Cloudflare.
What we look for: Data analysis, Business Analysis, Storytelling, Strong Business & Product Acumen, Cross-functional Collaboration, Creative Problem Solving, AgileWhat you'll do
- Partner and align with business leaders, stakeholders, product managers and internal teams to understand the requirements and technical specifications and address complex business questions in a globally distributed environment.
- Understand data landscape i.e tooling, tech stack, source systems etc. and work closely with the data Engineering team to improve the data collection and quality.
- Understand business/product strategy and high-level roadmap and align analysis efforts to enable them with data insights and help achieve their strategic goals.
- Strong audience focused presentation and storytelling skills focused on key takeaways and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner.
- Ability to define and spot macro and micro levels trends with statistical significance on a regular basis and understand key drivers driving those trends.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience required.
- 7+ years of data analyst experience with 3+ years of proven industry experience in a large scale environment (PBs scale, globally distributed teams).
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring early talent to mid-level data analysts
- Proven results oriented analysis that helped support positive change in the business strategy
- 2+ years experience with a fast-growing SaaS business based company is preferred.
- Strong experience in SQL, Tableau (or similar), BigQuery (or any other Big data/Cloud equivalent). Experience with Python and/or R is a plus
- Capable of working closely with business including but not limited to, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Product teams to ensure data initiatives are aligned with business needs and is of high quality.