Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the position
We’re looking for an inquisitive Sr. Data Analyst who enjoys working cross-functionally, has a strong passion for analytics and is eager to drive operational improvements and sound product decisions. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, has excellent communication skills and demonstrated success in using analytics to understand and influence business decisions.
You will be a key contributor to our centralized Analytics team, working closely across Product, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. You will provide insight, identify opportunities and impact the strategy and operations of ThousandEyes.
In the Analytics team we are excited about the impact data can have in our business, product and our customers’ experience – we hope you share our enthusiasm!
- Utilize a strong analytical skill set to drive business decisions using internal and external data (e.g. market, industry)
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to formulate and complete end-to-end analyses. This includes gathering requirements, wrangling data, conducting exploratory analysis, creating deliverables and presentations.
- Analyze and define operational metrics that tie back to business performance and frequently report on these to cross-functional stakeholders/ leadership
- Leverage our tech stack (Redshift, Looker) to provide insights at scale that will solve for data needs across different teams
- Employ database expertise to observe trends in data, detect and resolve data anomalies
- Effectively manage and prioritize projects and time, which includes meeting key milestones and collecting feedback from stakeholders
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years experience with problem solving and providing practical business insights and recommendations using large volume data sets from multiple sources
- Exceptional teammate that can lead complex projects across the team, implement data best practices, and mentor members on the data analytics team
- Strong hands-on experience with SQL, data warehousing, and data modeling
- Strong problem solving ability, high attention to detail and rigor, can-do attitude and desire to learn
- Hands-on to get things done fast and ability to work without continual guidance
- Strong cross-functional and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audiences
- Entrepreneurial in nature - able to keep moving initiatives forward in ambiguous situations
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Chartio, Looker)
- Experience doing product analysis at a SaaS companies
- Management consulting experience
- Experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language)
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.