Zello is a voice-first communication platform, powered by our industry-leading push-to-talk technology, to improve collaboration and productivity for deskless workers. With over 150 million users, we’re the #1 rated push-to-talk app in the world, delivering 8 billion (yes, with a B) messages a month.
At Zello, our company values are at the heart of what we do everyday. We’re proud to serve the frontline, we’re privileged to connect people in times of crisis across the globe, and we’re honored to support first responders.
And this is where you come in.
Is there a significant difference in terms of lifetime value between our annual vs. monthly subscribers? What’s the conversion rate of our marketing channels? What does churn look like for various cohorts? Are we seeing spikes in customer churn reasons? If these questions are interesting to you, then you might be a good fit to join Zello's RevOps team as a senior data analyst.
As a senior analyst at Zello, you will be part of a small elite club of people who understand how the company works "under the hood". You will partner with leaders across the entire organization, from revenue to product, to surface the metrics and data that matter to inform all decisions we make, big and small. You will of course create analysis, dashboards, and visualizations, but you will also need to understand the inner workings of revenue-related departments, and effectively communicate insights to decision makers to help them solve business problems. This position reports to the VP of Operations. If you’re passionate about data, love to learn, and are excited to work at a fast-growing company, we’d love to talk to you.
- Create and maintain metrics, dashboards, and analytical models to help manage the revenue side of the business
- Communicate insights with clarity and precision, without overwhelming your audience with technical jargon
- Identifying business challenges through data and tackle them as they arise
- Define the design, development, maintenance, and distribution of key business metrics
- Enable automation of analytics and data collection
- Work with Marketing and Sales to build scalable revenue reporting and processes
- Assist in data governance and education to make sure stakeholders are using the right KPIs to answer the right questions
- Use our data manipulation tools to identify trends and problems
- Use experimental design and statistics to assist with the design and measurement of various reporting, as well as modeling for “what if” scenarios
- Effectively diagnose problems and build requirements for products/process that will solve those problems
- Other core expectations as defined and requested by group leadership
- A bachelor’s degree in an analytical/quantitative field – e.g., Economics, Operations, Business, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance
- 3+ years of business experience in an revenue operations, business analytics, business intelligence, or similar
- 3+ years of experience working directly with BI tools like Tableau, Looker, or Mode Analytics
- 3+ years of SQL and/or MySQL/PostgreSQL, some knowledge of R and/or Python
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills (pivot tables, charts, advanced formulas, data imports, etc.)
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and frameworks
- Ability to gather requirements and clearly communicate complex data analysis results
- Curiosity and passion about data, visualization, and solving problems
- Strong attention to detail and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Experience working with start-up companies and fast growing businesses, preferably in tech
- Understanding of data management best practices and data analytics
- Comfort with latest technologies in reporting
- Familiarity with Marketing and Sales Analytics KPIs
We hire for potential, passion for our mission, and a knack for solving difficult problems over checking every qualification box. We have competitive pay, equity with significant upside, and intentionally design our benefits to encourage healthy and well-balanced employees, from flexible work schedules to unlimited paid time off. We even offer a sabbatical after every five years of service so you’re able to pursue and enjoy what matters most to you. And of course, we wouldn’t be a technology company in Austin without a ping-pong table and free snacks in our break room. Join us!