Senior Data and Business Analyst - (Retail-Workforce Planning) at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
The Business Analysts acts as the main information and reporting resource for the Labor & Workforce Planning Team and systems expert for the business as it relates to labor related data. They demonstrate leadership in critical thinking skills and challenges the department to analyze the business in new ways and continually drive results. They are also viewed as an expert for the area of responsibility.
You will analyze performance within the labor and workforce management scope, develop methodologies and functionalities to automate and streamline reporting tools and databases for the team.
- Manage and execute daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and data loads
- Collect and validate data from internal and external sources as needed
- Conduct in-store observations to validate data
- Pull data from enterprise systems and perform required key analysis as needed
- Identify and communicate any data-related issues/recommendations and escalate appropriately
- Act as a consultant on systems projects to maximize efficiencies and resources
- Participate in user acceptance testing of new systems/reports or enhancements/modifications
- Document all newly developed processes and automation tools for the team
- Ensure integrity of data structure, processes, and related tools and communicate details to other parties, like counterparts in Italy
Data Mining and Process Automation
- Play a key role in the startup of all projects requiring data analysis. Identify best practices to obtain information and develop a format to provide the information to management
- Assist team with the development of complex Excel spreadsheets, automation formulas, and custom formatting of reports
- Manipulate data (merging or importing/exporting) between databases to provide more useful informationStreamline processes to minimize time and ensure the highest level of accuracy, including validation before delivery to end-user
Report Creation & Data Analysis
- Perform analysis to identify trends, patterns, and relationships in the data, that provide answers to questions posed by management
- Translate raw data into business insights that enable better decision making for the department
- Prepare regular (weekly/monthly) reports utilizing the report-writing tools, i.e., Business Objects, MS Query, etc., continually modifying to meet new business requirements
Knowledge & Skills:
- MS Excel – ability/aptitude to learn/create complex spreadsheets using advanced formulas (V-lookups, IF statements; pivot tables; macros).
- MS PowerPoint – ability/aptitude to learn/create professional presentations.
- Analytical skills - able to gather data and extract conclusions from available data
- Data Mining – ability/aptitude to access reports and build/ manipulate queries
- Strong analytical and statistical skills - able to gather data, extract conclusions from available data (Lean Six Sigma is a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to synthesize analyses into simple and clear written communications
- Ability to be collaborative and work with and through cross-functional teams
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics or equivalent
- 2+ years working in a business analytics environment (retail preferred)
- Experience in applying Lean and/or Six Sigma methods a plus
- Extensive experience with data acquisition and analytics
- Experience with Alteryx, Python, R, SQL, and/or Tableau preferred
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.