Senior Data Engineer, In-App Reporting at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join Procore’s Reporting, Insights, and Analytics team. In this role, you’ll enable our customers to strategically report on completed work alongside benchmarks and predictive insights developed by our machine learning platform.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll partner with other Engineers, Product Managers, and Architects to provide reporting and analytics features in Procore. Use your technical, analytical, and communication skills to design and maintain database schemas that support complex reporting use cases across our application. If you’re intrinsically motivated and excited by the opportunity to lead a project that will provide Procore with the insight necessary to build industry-disrupting products—we’d love to hear from you.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the Reporting, Insights, & Analytics team and has the opportunity to work remotely from a US location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and provide feedback on business requirements to implement robust operable database solutions using best practices in data modeling
- Collaborate with teammates to monitor and optimize query performance
- Implement validation checks and collaborate with other teams to design robust automation frameworks to ensure data quality
- Help identify and propose solutions for technical gaps in our data model, running proof of concepts and experiments
- Provide clear metadata and documentation for new and existing data models
- Participate in designing and building a system that aligns with Procore’s technical vision of a service-oriented architecture
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years experience in SQL database design
- Time-honed expertise with implementing, maintaining, and documenting BI databases
- Experience implementing data warehousing concepts such as star schemas and slowly changing dimensions
- A curious mind that is driven to innovate and solve customer problems
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.