Senior Data Engineer, Data Pipeline at Procore Technologies
Procore is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join Procore’s Data division to create, maintain, optimize and enhance our various streaming and batch data pipelines that connect all Procore applications sources together on the data platform.
As a Senior Data Engineer on the Data Platform team, you’ll partner with our data platform foundational team to ensure they are building the right foundational tools for you to build reliable and fast pipelines to support both end user and internal use cases. You will also work with BI Engineers, Data Engineers, Software developers, SDETs, and Product Managers to ensure optimal data delivery to all the consumers of our data.
You will use your technical, organizational, and leadership skills to enhance the pipelines, making them “future proof” by driving scalability and resiliency while respecting architectural guidelines.
This data engineer role requires good coding skills ideally in Java but python is also an option. We’re looking for someone who can prioritize between good and great outcomes, striving to provide data consumers with insightful and qualitative data that empowers them to build cutting-edge tools.
If you’re intrinsically motivated and excited by the opportunity to lead projects that will provide Procore with the insight necessary to build industry-disrupting products—we’d love to hear from you.
This position reports to the Manager of Data Pipeline and can be based in our Austin, TX, Carpinteria, CA, or New York City office or work remotely from a US location. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Help identify and propose solutions for technical and organizational gaps in our pipelines by running proof of concepts and experiments working with Data Platform Engineers and Architects on implementation.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Build tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Contribute to code reviews, design reviews.
- Partner with teams on modeling and analysis problems—from transforming problem statements into analysis problems, to working through data modeling and engineering, to analysis and communication of results.
- Participate in the evolution of Data Engineering at Procore by creating and sharing best practices for the development and deployment of data engineering solutions .
- Working alongside our Product, UX, and IT teams, you’ll leverage your experience and expertise in the data pipeline space to influence our product roadmap, developing innovative solutions that add additional capabilities to our tools.
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required; MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- 4+ years of experience in Java or python programming language.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets, both batch and stream
- Experience with Data pipeline/streaming tools Kafka, Spark, Flink
- Experience with Airflow, DBT, PostgreSQL and Snowflake
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with DataOPS tools, kubernetes, and Terraform is a plus
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.