We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join Procore’s Reporting, Insights, and Analytics team. In this role, you’ll enable our customers to strategically report on complete work alongside benchmarks and predictive insights developed by our machine learning platform.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll partner with other Engineers, Product Managers, and Architects to ensure user data within the Procore ecosystem is captured in our Data Platform and appropriately modelized. Use your technical, communication, and analytical skills to influence and maintain a robust pipeline that will scale as quickly as Procore.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager of the Reporting, Insights, & Analytics team and has the opportunity to work remotely from a US location or be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Implement and maintain data pipelines to ingest data from multiple sources into our Data Platform
- Join a highly collaborative team to provide robust reporting functionality across all of Procore
- Help identify and propose solutions for technical and organizational gaps in our analytics pipeline by running proof of concepts and experiments working with Data Platform Engineers and Architects on implementation
- Perform data validation checks and partner with engineers across the division to design automated validation frameworks
- Participate in designing and building a system that aligns with Procore’s technical vision of a service-oriented architecture
- Serve as a leader and mentor to more junior engineers within your team
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with AWS (EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift), Java, Airflow, PostgreSQL, Spark, Snowflake, and data pipeline/streaming tools (Kafka) is preferred
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Successful history of building analytics pipeline moving billions of data points
- Understanding of the tradeoffs between short-term and long-term goals and balancing immediate needs with strategic initiatives
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- A curious mind that is driven to innovate and solve challenging problems
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.