We are Rx Saver at RetailMeNot - a new team that is passionate about helping people save money on prescription medicines and other healthcare costs. We work with pharmacies and providers across the nation to find the best deals and options for our community including prescription discount cards, coupons, Rx assistance programs and more.
Are you someone who loves solving real problems that have a genuine impact on the quality-of-life for millions of people? Do you want to build robust systems and compelling user experiences? Does learning new technologies excite you? Are you a teammate who excels at working alongside designers, product managers, and quality engineers? If so, we need skilled engineers to join our team.
In this role you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, business analysts, product managers, and other internal customers to deliver the data that empower RetailMeNot's decision makers. You will work with your team through development, testing, and deployment of data systems. You will deliver large-scale master and analytics data sets; in return you will see the application and impact of your work to millions of users.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years work experience
- You are highly skilled using Scala, Python (Spark), Linux, Docker, Git, and Amazon Web Services (or have translatable experience with similar toolsets)
- You have extensive SQL experience on a variety of RDBMS, and enjoy optimizing queries as well as designing efficient data models
- You have developed scalable solutions using both SQL and NoSQL (Hadoop) databases. Working with data sets comprised of millions or billions of records is comfortable
- You are familiar with one or more cluster-computing frameworks (Spark)
- You strive to identify simple solutions to complex problems, can identify a minimal viable product and enjoy iterative development
- You are able to accurately estimate tasks, identify dependencies and dedicatedly solve problems to ensure commitments are met
- You recognize that your success depends upon enabling your fellow team members to succeed; taking time to help others energizes you
- You enjoy gathering requirements from non-technical coworkers and delivering solutions that meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- You derive satisfaction from enabling the business to succeed and delighting coworkers, not building technology for its own sake
- You have a work ethic that inspires your fellow team members to give their best
What You'll Do
- Implement data system for both real-time and warehouse applications
- Develop ETL processes that ensure data is accurate and available within SLAs
- Enhance data models by developing integrations with business partners
- Seek opportunities for performance improvement and implement optimizations
- Create dashboards that provide insight into the health of data integrations, ETL processes and data sets
- Mentor junior data engineers on standard methodologies and provide code review when needed
Who We Are
- We hire intelligent people and give them the autonomy to be creative, have an impact, and share standard methodologies.
- We have a generous leave policy for new parents and 401k matching.
- We have a thriving Diversity and Inclusion program that gives back to the community and supports multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals throughout the year.
- We serve breakfast Mondays and Fridays, lunch four days a week, provide all the snacks you could dream of, and have our own coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We have a Friday board game happy hour for co-workers to mingle or just relax.
- We provide reimbursements for cell phones and gym memberships.
- We have an outstanding open vacation policy.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.