We are RxSaver - a team that is passionate about helping people save money on prescription medicines and other healthcare costs. We work with pharmacies and providers across the nation to find the best deals and options for our community including prescription discount cards, coupons, Rx assistance programs and more.
Are you someone who wants to know their work is having a genuine impact on the quality-of-life for millions of people? Are you energized by collaborating with other engineers and product partners to find creative solutions to challenging problems? Do you enjoy mentoring junior engineers to help them grow their career? If so, we need a skilled Senior Software Engineer like you to join our team.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience
- You have at least 5 years of professional software experience
- You are experienced in automating and maintaining data workflows and data warehousing
- You are proficient with server-side technologies such as JVM languages (Kotlin is a plus), NodeJS and Python
- You have extensive experience with both relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and a variety of DB technologies. Experience with Kafka or other data streaming technologies is a plus.
- You have experience developing on Cloud platforms such as GCP
- You champion agile development and XP practices such as CI/CD and pair programming
- You have operated and supported services that you’ve helped develop, automating telemetry and mitigations when possible
- You have a track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
What You’ll Do
- You will contribute to and lead the execution of key data initiatives including our pricing intelligence platform and simplifying drug concepts, all driving improvements to our customer experience
- You will partner with business stakeholders to unlock data insights to inform critical business decisions
- You will help define and build out our data platform and capabilities from the ground up
- You will help operate and support the services and systems that the team develops
- You will investigate new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization
- You will identify and execute on opportunities to improve the stability and maintainability of our services
- You will coach and influence team members on best practices and emerging technologies
- We continuously cultivate a supportive team culture where everyone feels welcome; we care a lot about being happy!
- We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that values, uplifts, and celebrates the experiences of our employees.
- We are a remote-first team full of kind people.
- We are always willing to help out with a code review, meet for lunch, or jump into our always-open virtual coffee bar to connect!
- We are very flexible and committed to each team member's total well being, especially as we all adjust to current events.
- Our leadership and entire team are committed to transparency; we have open conversations and value all input when making decisions.
- Everyone has an impact - proposing change is just a pull request away!
- We regularly make time to pay down technical debt, invest in our platforms, and make room to implement our favourite features.
- We have complete ownership over our work due to our flat hierarchy and close collaboration with product, marketing, and analytics teams.
- Career growth is important to us; we are able to work cross-functionally to forge our own path. We take time for mentorship at all levels!
- We value continuing education and dedicate on-the-job time to learning.
- We have access to a wide variety of Udemy courses, run a weekly book club, and have a budget for conferences and books.