Senior Data Engineer - Trusted Data at Realtor.com (Austin, TX)
Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one-stop-shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic Senior Data Engineer to join the Realtor.com Data Platform team. In this position, you will enable optimal data-driven decisions that empower our products and people. You will develop tools and platforms to collect and process data into our data lake easily, develop systems that ensure data is well defined and trustworthy, and build enabling platforms that make the data easily accessible throughout the company. You will incorporate DevOps practices, learn about and leverage new technologies, work with an experienced team of engineers, and be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers and Engineers
- Implement new application features that delight our users
- Develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality using services and tools offered by AWS and other cloud services
- Own the delivery, quality, and reliability of our data platform and act as support for production issues, profile performance, and assist in root cause analysis.
- Make data easily collected and accessible by our Data Platform to users
- Participate in hackathons and Proof Of Concept experiments to continuously improve our delivery.
- Perform presentations of our products/features to internal stakeholders
- Work in a primarily Agile/Scrum product development process
- A driven data engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience building data pipelines and platforms
- Proficient in Python or Java
- Exposure to build, test, and deployment automation technologies
- Exposure to cloud-based architecture, development, and deployment
- Familiar with data collecting, streaming, and processing technologies
- Knowledge of Data Structures, SQL, and schema design best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, Master's degree a plus
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.