Senior Data Engineer at Social Solutions
As the Senior Data Engineer, you are responsible for implementing Social Solutions' data platform to enable strategic business outcomes in an inspired, world-class, high-performing culture. You will act as a key technical leader for our data architecture and implementation, working closely with our team of data scientists in the Product Development organization, reporting to our VP of Product Development.
Social Solutions uses a cloud data platform to advance the data-driven decision making capabilities of our clients. We continue to invest in our cloud platform as we strive to put data driven decisions at the forefront of our client's day to day operations. We power the philanthropic work of thousands of non-profit and public sector organizations and are looking to increase the predictive power and collaborative capabilities of our platform.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Social Solutions, you'll perform work you can feel proud of in an environment full of passionate collaborators. You'll find a team of like-minded developers who live for building software and solving problems for our philanthropic clients. If you can't wait to take your skills to the next level, share your expertise with other brilliant technologists, and change the philanthropic landscape, this is where you belong.
What You'll Do
- Collaboratively develop the technology & capability roadmap for the Social Solutions data ecosystem.
- Lead the implementation of sustainable tools & processes to support the big data ecosystem.
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools & process in the data space.
- Work with your data scientist peers to ensure proper data pipelines are in place to support data modeling needs.
- Partner with product owners and data scientists to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- Collaboratively troubleshoot technical and performance issues in the data ecosystem.
- Work with complex Data modeling and design patterns for BI/Analytics reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure data privacy and master data management needs are met.
- Design and develop extract, transform, and load (ETL) mappings, procedures, and schedules.
- Broad Solution/Enterprise architecture experience cross Data, API, and Cloud architectures
- Experience with large scale, complex enterprise integration systems in a high availability, high volume, performance environment.
- Understanding of cloud application design principles (micro-services, 12-factor apps, stateless application meant for cloud, containers, etc.).
- Strong technical experience with designing data lake, pipelines, and data model.
- Strong technical experience with ETL tools.
- Experience in data warehouse environment, including data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to be more impactful. In essence, we help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.