Senior Data Engineer at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
We are looking for a senior data engineer to help us take our data platform and team to the next level. You will be responsible for building & maintaining data pipelines ingesting & processing information from various sources that feed our data lake. You will also help transform raw data into consumable & curated datasets to support enterprise decisions. You are comfortable and enjoy working with cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, business, and analytics. You are expected to be a senior member in the data engineering organization — coaching the team on technical matters, defining best practices, and creating coding standards and patterns that can be reused by the rest of the engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be creating data pipelines, extracting data from our various applications (internal & external sources) into the Data Platform.
- You’ll be creating curated datasets that are conducive for stakeholder consumption.
- You’ll be partnering with Data Analysts to ensure business requirements are met.
- You’ll be supporting our Engineering team, providing database design support (OLTP).
- You’ll operate high-quality, cloud-based data services, ensuring uptime & performance within SLOs.
What you should have:
- 8+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role.
- You have built and managed Data Lakes & Data Warehouses.
- You have experience with big data solutions (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Spark, etc.).
- Good understanding of APIs and data processing (batched and streaming).
- Solid track record of partnering and supporting Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Science requirements.
- Very comfortable modeling data -- both OLTP & OLAP.
- You are well versed in at least one cloud vendor (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- You have strong experience in SQL and Python.
- You have experience in ETL/ELT solutions (e.g., Informatica, SSIS, Stitch, etc.)
- Lastly, you have strong communication skills -- comfortable interacting with both engineering and business focused teams.
Our current data stack: Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT, Prefect & GCP Cloud.
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Egos, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.