Senior Data Engineer at Care.com (Remote)
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Care.com offers an array of services that enable families to find, manage and pay for care and provide employment opportunities for caregivers. Our engineering organization is reimagining our tech stacks and consolidating them to a single cloud-native platform and a cloud-based data lake/data warehouse. The new platform is composed of gRPC microservices and Lambdas in Go, Kafka streams, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and micro-frontends on Node and React. The new data lake/data warehouse is on Snowflake. We're utilizing industry standard methodologies and tools like OpenTelemetry, Splunk, Github, SignalFx, Figma, and others to make our lives easier.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, great teammates, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you enjoy solving big problems and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, this is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
The Data Engineer will be focusing on building out data feeds and tooling from our application platform and enable rapid ingestion into our centralized data lake. The Data Engineer will work across and with functions and application teams at Care.com to rationalize data and design, build and maintain reusable data feeds which and ultimately empower analytics consumption at Care.com.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience building data pipelines in a technical environment. S/he will have an understanding of application development, data warehousing, demonstrate strong business judgment, and be able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Collaborate and partner with application teams to understand data collection/generation and design and partner to build and implement data feeds from our product tech stack
- Design, develop, and build code for rapid feeds and ingestion into the enterprise Data Lake
- Identify data sources used for building out data architecture diagrams/models
- Establish engineering practices and setup frameworks for “Data as a Service”
- Collaborate with relevant delivery teams, including infrastructure, operations, site reliability engineering, product development, and others to perform evaluations, POCs, and ultimately implement and operationalize new technology.
- Solve code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Participate in demos and code reviews
- Promote software the best approach, standards, and processes
- Shape development processes to promote a high-quality output while continuing to iterate quickly
- Incorporate best practices for security, performance, and data privacy into data pipelines
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 1+ years of Kafka experience is MUST HAVE
- 5+ years work experience in software engineering/data pipelines
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar engineering field
- 3+ years GoLang experience preferred
- 2+ years SQL experience preferred
- Experience with Microservices architecture is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
- Hands on approach
- Knowledge in data warehousing
- Proven ability to maintain performance level in a fast-paced agile environment
- Pragmatic and realistic with solutions
- Snowflake experience is a plus
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact [email protected].**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).