| 3001 | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:37 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. We are proud to be one of the hottest software companies in the automotive sector. By combining a modern-approach with fresh design thinking, Dealerware’s industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility for top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Three years ago, we burst onto the scene with a promise to reduce costs and elevate the customer experience at automotive dealerships.
Dealerware currently manages fleets for 28 automotive brands and 10 of the top 10 dealer groups in the country. With a recent expansion into international markets, our growth trajectory continues to be within the top 1% of SaaS businesses. Across the automotive ecosystem, there’s hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. And we’re right in the swell of it.
Dealerware has an immediate, full-time opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to help us transform the way car dealers and manufacturers think about products and profits. As part of the company’s growing Data Engineering team, we’re looking for someone to design, develop and implement technology and data solutions to meet current and future data warehousing and reporting needs. An experienced engineer who can set the technical direction, establish best practices and partner with all consumers of data to build and support the company's data engineering platform.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will:
● Lead the team in the designing, building of stable, scalable data pipelines or ETL processes that cleanse, structure and integrate big data sets from multiple data sources into Snowflake
● Lead the team in supporting existing data pipelines
● Identify and champion initiatives that improve current processes
● Coach and mentor team members on data engineering best practices and promote team development and growth
● Clearly and effectively communicate with other team members through technical design documentation
● Facilitate group discussions around technical solutions to business problems
● Be willing to design and build REST APIs to different data sources
● Design and implement relational and dimensional models in Snowflake.
● Collaborate with Product and other engineering teams on normalizing and aggregating large data sets based on business needs and requirements.
● Work on different databases (Snowflake, Postgres, MySQL, NoSql)
● Work with different data formats (JSON, CSV, Parquet, Avro) and interact with various on-premise and cloud data sources as well as RESTful APIs.
● Establish, maintain and administer Snowflake clusters and other data infrastructure
● Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
● 8+ years of experience in a data engineering role
● Must have 2+ years of experience in Snowflake or similar data warehouse systems
● Very strong SQL skills and experience
● Strong programming skills in Python or other language (Java, Ruby, Scala)
● Knowledge and expertise in system performance and optimization, schema design, and, capacity planning
● Proven ability to design, develop, and maintain data warehousing and ETL workflows for large data sets and interact with various sources
● Knowledge of industry standard ETL and workflow tools (Airflow or other 3rd party), as well as writing your own utilizing Python is preferred
● Working experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Lambda, Data Pipeline)
● Hands-on experience and expertise in using advanced Snowflake//MySql/Postgres SQL features, specifically analytical functions.
Even better if you have:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
● Experience developing microservices in Flask or Django are highly preferred
● Data Science or Machine Learning experience and skills are highly preferred
Dealerware offers you:
● Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
● Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K) + FREE telehealth (includes therapy visits)
● Training for all employees provided in Udemy
● Tuition Reimbursement and continuing education
● Unlimited paid vacation policy
● Generous Paid Parental Leave program
● 100% remote work (during COVID). Hybrid model or remote work post-COVID (depends on candidate background and preference)
● Modern office and a dynamic team in downtown Austin with free parking
● Friendly, small company environment with a progressive culture and somewhat flexible hours
● Backed by Audi, a 111-year-old automotive industry leader
● Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
● Discounts on new Audi purchases and participation in the Audi and VW Lease Program
Dealerware is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Dealerware's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Read Full Job Description