Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Our growing Product Team is looking to hire an experienced and driven Senior Data Engineer. In this role, you will use your engineering experience to establish and maintain resilient data pipelines for the different product offerings at Bold. You will contribute to best practices, lead engineering projects, and work cross-functionally to provide accessible data to many teams.
If you have a passion and curiosity for digging deep into data and pushing the boundaries, then we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Lead data engineering projects and mentor other Data Engineers
- Develop and construct reliable and maintainable data pipelines
- Build documentation on data pipelines and models
- Identify ways to improve data reliability and quality
- Establish and maintain best practices and standards for data warehouse and data architecture
- Work with Data Analysts and other stakeholders to fully understand the business needs to be considered during the development of a data model or pipeline
- Champion and lead code reviews
What we're looking for
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- 5+ years’ experience in building, maintaining, and orchestrating Big Data pipelines
- 1+ years of experience with cloud data infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with SQL and Python
- In-depth knowledge of large databases and warehousing (Big Query, Snowflake, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Looker, Power BI)
- Expert with ETL development and methodologies
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well on a team
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of algorithms and machine learning
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building and implementing unit tests and custom tests
- Familiarity with other programming languages such as Go, C#, or Java is an asset
- Experience providing technical leadership and education other data engineers is an asset
- Experience with leading other data engineers is an asset
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!
Read Full Job Description