Senior Data Engineer at Realtor.com
Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one-stop-shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic Senior Data Engineer to join the Realtor.com Data Enablement team. In this position, you will enable optimal data-driven decisions that empower our products and people. You will develop tools to ensure we have a well managed, optimized, secured, compliant and trustworthy data platform. You will incorporate DevOps practices, learn about and leverage new technologies, work with an experienced team of engineers, and be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers and Engineers
- Implement new application features that delight our users
- Help setup best practices for our Data Warehouse (Snowflake)
- Build and implement monitoring and alerting tools for Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Build processes/tools to optimize warehouse cost and performance
- Lead and participate in access control and resource optimization
- Ensure a compliant and secure data environment
- Own the delivery, quality, and reliability of our Snowflake Data Warehouse and provide support for production issues, tune performance, and drive root cause analysis.
- Be aware of new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them into our solutions and products
- Perform technical demonstrations to internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Be a subject matter expert in Snowflake DBA activities and best practices
- Work in a primarily Agile/Scrum product development process
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience in data platform preferably with some DBA experience
- 2+ years of experience in Snowflake
- Solid knowledge in Snowflake architecture and integration
- Familiar to cloud-based architectures, development, test, and deployment automation.
- Good knowledge of SQL, data structures, data integrity, and schema design best practices
- Experience in driving initiatives as a technical lead and subject matter expert in one or more areas
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.